telephone calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbfzoo

I just had another one of those phone calls that start by asking about your mortgage etc. What i have been doing is stopping them in mid flow and asking them if they are selling something, they invariably sayno to which i reply'thats a shame because i realy wanted to buy something today. As you are not selling there is no point in continuing this conversation' Then put the phone down. Today i did this and the gentleman at the other end got all bent out of shape and started demanding to know if i have a mortgage. Turns out he had phoned a week ago and was not pleased with the result. cant wait for the next call.

John[8D]

hempy

Alan
Give the next one a bit of old "arkwright"

cccccccan yyou cccccccccccall babababababck lerlerlerlerlerlerllater

Jen

Made in Yorkshire
John, I have been plagued by these calls, despite being on the tps list. They ring about 3 times a week, and I have even e-mailed their company and asked them to stop,and I got a phone call assuring me that they would stop, but they carry on. They wake me up when I have been on nightshift, and to be honest its got to the point where I am quite rude to them lol [:D]

I'm at the end of my rope with them, any suggestions anyone ?

groundhog

Life Survivor
Originally posted by Jen

John, I have been plagued by these calls, despite being on the tps list. They ring about 3 times a week, and I have even e-mailed their company and asked them to stop,and I got a phone call assuring me that they would stop, but they carry on. They wake me up when I have been on nightshift, and to be honest its got to the point where I am quite rude to them lol [:D]

Jen as I understand,if you are on the tps it is illegal for them to cold call, I suggest you contact the tps and ask them why you are still being pestered by cold callers, the tps should then sort the problem for you.
Regards G.H.

JOHN_M

Having had a few of these type of calls myself, depending on my frame of mind at the time I answer them in two ways.
Tell them that they are ringing a private ex-directory line and to delete my number from their system immediately, having told them this I think by law they are obliged to do it.

Wind them up by either going along with their spiel and giving false information or giving them the details of people I don't like, ( next door neighbour for example ).
Or,
Try and sell them something, now that really throws 'em.

Jen

Made in Yorkshire
Thanks G.H I will do that [;)][:)]

I'm certain the calls come from a foreign call centre, because their accents are foreign, yet they always give an english name, ie - John Morgan, yesterdays was Gwen Williams lol, my reply was - Yes and I'm bloody Margaret Thatcher [:D][:D]

Last edited:

jbfzoo

I like the selling them touch will try that with the next one. Ask him if i can get a mortgage on my house in Belize.

John[8D]

perksy2007

Perksy
My house phone went through a stage of these. But if you tell every single one of them to F off they dont seem to call back any more. Worked for me!

JOHN_M

Tonight

Phone rings,

Read following as an Asian accent,

Hello I am ringing from the phone centre my mane is Ram Jam Butty (or summat like that)

Interupt

Hello my name is John

Hello Mr John, Do you have a mobile phone ?

Interupt

I've got a fishing rod.

A few seconds quiet

Do you have a mobile phone ?

I've got a fishing rod.

He put the phone down and cut me off, what a cheek.

Play 'em at their own game works every time.

jbfzoo

Thanks John will use that one as well.
had one last week who was determined to speak to my mother, i told him i couldnt get her until thursday 'why' cause thats when we have the radio link to base camp, where she is climbing.
He has'nt called back yet

John[8D]

Enigma

Armchair Carper
I've now registered with the TPS and this has all stopped. However in the past I used to answer the phone to them

"Hello"
"Hello Sir good evening to you". "Is that Mr ******"
"err no mate" he ain't ere I'm robbing the place and I was picking up the phone to nick it when it rang and I accidently pressed the answer key"
"Do you know when Mr ****** will be back in?"
"Why should I care?"
"Could you ask him to call us back on......?"
"Well he won't be able to as when he gets back he won't have a phone and pretty much bugger all else either"
"Ok sir thank you for your time"
"What your're not going to call the old bill?"
"the what sir?"
"The rozzers!"
" I don't know the Rozzers, are they Mr ***** neighbours?"

Oh how we laughed

chris w

pc problem solver
lads it makes no difference if you are on the tps service i have been for years the problem with these companys is they use power diallers and once they find a number it is stored in the database and continues to get called

HarryOatcake

02/02/04 -24/12/17
Site Supporter
In Memoriam
The ones that crack me up [:D]
are those who tell me I have won a free holiday,
I thank them profusely and request they post the
details to me,
they then tell me I have to attend an apointment
usualy miles from where I live
so I tell them sorry I cannot attend, would they please
send the documentation for the holiday I have won in there
prize draw.

What I don't understand is why I never get the free holiday
this as happened a number of times over the years,
maybe I am just plain unlucky. [:(]

Harry.

pegasus

benny
Originally posted by Jen

hi jen, tell them that your a tennant living on camp at an army barraks and that they should get in touch with the M.O.D to discus a morgage

Benji

Account Locked
I was under the impression this was a stress relief call from the NHS, you vent your spleen down the phone, and they go away [:D]

jbfzoo

Hi Enigma was that one true or did you make it up,bloody funny made my Sunday morning.

John[8D]

Enigma

Armchair Carper
All true my friend

Originally posted by jbfzoo

Hi Enigma was that one true or did you make it up,bloody funny made my Sunday morning.

John[8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.