tele pole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wi11iams

A little help if anyone can....
I have just got a silstar cimaron tele pole 600. The only problem is I havnt a clue how to use it. There is no elastic just a ringlet on the end of the pole. My problem is Im not sure what line to put on and to what strain the pole can take without problems, I have done searches for the pole but cannot get any results any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, David

stiffler

Crafty Carper !
Hi matey,
First welcome MDS !
The pole you are talking about is called a whip and the eye on the end is were you tie your line . your line should be aprox 5.1/2 metres long so when you swing a fish in to you hand without any probs . the max line you want to use is 3lb straight throw any more you want a bottom . The whip should handle fish up 2 5/6 lb . Hope this helps !!

PS: best to buy the pole rigs made up at first so it give's you an idear on how they are done !

Happy fishing !!!!

m hewitt
<'//<

skyliner

Whip fishing is tremendous fun, Although I wouldn't like to land a 5-6Ib fish with one - although possible I suppose, they are mainly for catching smaller fish in the margins. You can fish them as they come (I use a swivel on my rigs which then clips easily onto the ringlets) or you can buy an elastication kit and modify it yourself - full instructions can easily be found on the net if you do a search with someone like google. As said the rigs can be bought although you can make them yourself very cheaply. Aim to make them the right length so that with a fish on it will swing into your hands.

The beauty with telescopic whips is that you can also take sections out and fish it at different lengths when the conditions dictate.

Happy fishing

Lee

martin.

Account Locked
HI
First
WELCOME TO THE MAD MDs
now for the whip
to start with it would help to know the type of water your going to use it on & what your going to target
for general silver fish use is about the only thing i would use it for.
to start with dont try using it at 6m take bottom 2 sect off & start at 4m with the rig about 3.75m long.the simplist rig to use is waggler set up which you set up as you would for a rod but with only 3.75m line.
once you get used to it then you can try another sect on & then the last sect. but if im right that model whip is a bit heavy to fish at 6m for long.
another thing you could do is take your tip sect into a tackle shop & ask them to fit a flick tip conecter on instead of the eye it makes it a lot easier to change rigs as you only need a loop on the end of your riginstead of a link swivel

tight lines.
martin.
Datafile4.asp

talk fishing flip football
www.fishingvenuesuk.co.uk

Wi11iams

Thanks for the help, I have now had it elasticated and took it out for a test run the other day, great fun, although i wasnt sure what elastic to put on, its now setup for 6 - 7lb but dont know if I can safely put a stronger elastic i.e. whether the whip would snap!! Again Thanks and tight lines, wet nets n all that [:D] David

Barrie44

' The Hulk '
Those silstar cimaron tele wips are alot stronger than a normal pole mate, Takes alot to break one.

Tight Lines.

Datafile4.asp

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

martin.

Account Locked
quote:Originally posted by Barrie44

Those silstar cimaron tele wips are alot stronger than a normal pole mate, Takes alot to break one.

Tight Lines.

Just because when you used one you had a 8oz fish instead of your normal 2oz fish[:eek:)] [:D][:D][:D]

tight lines.
martin.
Datafile4.asp

talk fishing flip football
www.fishingvenuesuk.co.uk

TINY

Tiny
That was a very cruel statement Martin.[V]

True ,,, but cruel.[:p][:p][:D]

Andy.
Datafile3.asp

STAFFS ANGLING SUPPLIES