• 'TOMMY PICKERING - BORN TO WIN' COMPETITION

7 x Signed Hardback copies of 'Tommy Pickering's Autobiography - Born to Win' to be won
    And if that's not enough - A Maggotdrowning Sticker to go with each one !
    CLICK HERE TO ENTER

(Click the X on the top-right to close this notice)

******* Teepee's T-Pot *******

tincatim

Just made up another two of these, slightly larger ones from Gillette shaving gel lids. Brilliant idea! No need to ever buy a tosspot again

AlanZ

Definately going to get some Toss Pots and have a go at converting them[:T][:T] great Thread[:T]

Harry_Monk

Just been directed to this thread and I like the p pot its exactly what i am loking for, ie something that allows me to fish with my pot right at the end of the pole.

Just something to consider, i wonder if you heat the base of the plastic and push something that replicates your pole tip into the heated part, so that it moulds around, you would get an even neater and secure job.

You could also heat the top rim and mould so the edges inturn slightly to prevent any spillage.

Any suggestions on what to use for making small cups? I dont like kinder cups because too many people use them, i am convinced on certain venues fish back off them

stikflote

Site Supporter
Originally posted by Harry_Monk

Just been directed to this thread and I like the p pot its exactly what i am loking for, ie something that allows me to fish with my pot right at the end of the pole.

Just something to consider, i wonder if you heat the base of the plastic and push something that replicates your pole tip into the heated part, so that it moulds around, you would get an even neater and secure job.

You could also heat the top rim and mould so the edges inturn slightly to prevent any spillage.
I use a soldering iron with a bit of round nail in it to make the grooves in potpole sits in grooves

Any suggestions on what to use for making small cups? I dont like kinder cups because too many people use them, i am convinced on certain venues fish back off them

pat 1948

22/09/13 - 17/03/18
In Memoriam
Originally posted by rJonni

Very good, i've got a set of feeder pot which you clip on your pole but they just tip over when i ship the joints on my pole and are no good, but this one is a good idea and i've made a couple already and they have proved themselves to be better than your normal pole cup.

rJonni[:D]

if all girls are beutiful where did your sister come from?

I can't get on with pole pots, I have used them but the problem being before I've shipped the pole half way I've bounced out the majority of the bait, now what I use is the caps off aerosol cans, I use three different sizes, all you need to do is puncture the top of the cap on both sides tie some strong line to the cap, next, tie an over hand loop in the line, fix this via stonfo to spare top section and you have a pot that will stand a lot of bouncing before any thing drops out, I've been using these for years, it just means that you have ship out one more time, retrieve then put your top section with rig on, I also stick with double side tape a piece of thin polystyrene foam to the bottom outside of the cap, this ensures that the cap inverts and dumps the contents into the water.