******* Teepee's T-Pot *******

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just reinstating this as the vast majority was lost to the database gremlins. :(
Originally posted by teepee........Here

To all you MD pole men & women heres a simple little pole feeder pot you can make in just a few minutes,
i came up with this idea about 12 months ago and offered it to a tackle manufacturer (who will remain nameless) but because things didn't work out, without going into detail, i withdrew the offer, and have since heard of the it being shown around,

so before anyone else claims fame for the T-Pot here it is for you to make your own...

it can be fitted or removed in seconds to any size pole tip, (without removing the rig)

all you need is a small aerosol top and a piece of No 12 elastic,

cut 2 Vs in the top opposite each other and then drill two small holes directly under the Vs same diameter as the pole elastic (i use a bait drill)..

push the elastic into the inside of the pot and tie a knot then do the same to other side (see photo)

Datafile8.jpg

Datafile8.jpg

to fit to your pole, lay the tip into the 2 Vs and pull the elastic over the tip and under the cup (see photo) if you don't think its on tight enough or slips if the pole is wet just pull the elastic around again

Datafile8.jpg

Datafile8.jpg

hope that makes sense it really is a simple idea that works great for this time of year when you only want to feed very little but acurately...

just a tip if you're going to make one, that this is a feeding pot to use while fishing and is not intended to replace your big feedpot on a cupping kit for delivering ground bait, so when selecting your pot dont use one of them big aerosol caps, the small tops are best..

teepee.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I was fortunate enough to be one of four people originaly show this by Teepee at Elvington 2003.
I have to say that i was immediatly impressed with the simplicity of the idea but promised him i'd keep it to myself ,and as soon as i got home i made a few up.

Now these fullfill all my feeding needs,and are much easier to ship out without spilling as the weight sits below the pole instead of above it,stopping the pot twisting and dumping your feed where you don't want it.

Top Idea Tony,and thanks for sharing it. ;)

When they 1st came out I was given some Toss Pots to try out by my friendly tackle dealer.
1 pack of these didn't fit my top kits,however 5 minutes work converted them to T-Pots,the elastic even locates into the redundant slots in the base and the caps can still be used.

Modified Toss Pot.....

I feel that this actually improves on the original Toss Pot,as it is now better balanced and less liable to tip,as well as fitting any size of top kit. ;)

Peter.

Maggotdrowning.com
Individual Champion 2005 :D

frazer

very good idea supprised you couldnt get anyone to take the idea up eg maver preston

Carp-Freeek

' Shorty '
Its great, but I have noticed a few tackle companies have started to make pots VERY similar to these... [V]

Ive got three of them and a brilliant for feeding right on top of your float, or you can have it 6 foot down your pole to holding paste.

Border Boy

Gazhilla

Pasted to Death
Been reading AT Advanced and the buggers have copied the idea in their section on Kinder Potting without any mention of it being Teepee's Idea. I think some firm words are required and a complete banning of Fisky until he grovels and grovels.

Gary

I will draw a decent peg at Whitmore one day!!

norm

19th Dec 2003

but a few of us had 1 off him well before then

Last edited:

rJonni

Very good, i've got a set of feeder pot which you clip on your pole but they just tip over when i ship the joints on my pole and are no good, but this one is a good idea and i've made a couple already and they have proved themselves to be better than your normal pole cup.

rJonni[:D]

if all girls are beutiful where did your sister come from?

kelvo

excellent teepee, im going to the bathroom now!

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

Simon R

Site Supporter
quote:excellent teepee, im going to the bathroom now!
You don't need to test 'em out in the bath - they do work honest! [:p][:p]

Simon

CREZZ

Crack Off Crezz
good chap

Cheers

Crack Off Crezz

craiggoldstraw

thank i will try that i use kinder popts out of the choclate egges there brillant there not two evey

svenc

London Blanker NOT
I was having problems with my catapult on holiday so decided to make one, having it in mind from reading about it. I was using a fair amount of feed pellet so I went into my toiletries bag and decided on a "sure" cap. I used 6 inches of yellow shockcore as I had no 12. Works like a treat and I used it on my other power top kit until I get my cupping Kit.

Many Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Theres Only One Way of Life And Thats Your Own- Levellers

Mr B

very very good idea. Im in the middle of convertoing my toss pots now.

The Simplest Idea Is Usually The Most Effective

Mr B

Here's my go...

The Simplest Idea Is Usually The Most Effective

gorstyman

Absolutely brilliant ...never use my Toss pot now ...this is far superior...well done that man 10/10