technical help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

scouse

'River Man'
has anyone any ideas. Im on windows ME browser AOL 6 or 7, i am having trouble with Palnetaware.ink. Can't get rid of this, tried virus programme to no avail and this is what comes up every time I switch on my PC; "The location could be on hard drive on this computer on a network. check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted or home network try again".

Has anybody got any ideas on how to get rid of this thing??????

Dave Scouse laser-kill.gif

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Dave,

netaware.exe is a program that is used by Paltalk.
Can you go to www.paltalk.com , download the program again and then let me know when you've done it.

I'll try and talk you through a few steps after. There's no rush as I won't be free till tomorrow evening now.

Regards, Dave

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Scouse - what you have is a shortcut trying to start when you fire up your PC and not finding the file it wants.

Dave had it right - paltalk.

Easiest thing to do is just stop the thing from trying to run. It is harmless but annoying.

With ME, click on start~run and put the word msconfig in the run box then tell it to proceed. This will give you a window with all sorts of options for your PC - including an option to tell any program trying to run at startup to cease. Just uncheck the appropriate box. Harmless too since you can run msconfig again at a later date and tell it to start again if you want.

Newt Vail

scouse

'River Man'
HI Newt
thanks for the info done what you said
worked a treat thanks again
dave (scouse)

Status
Not open for further replies.