Team Maggotdrowning vs strong competition

cockneybob

CockneyBob
Site Supporter
All the best with the match lad, If you are has good as what this site his you got no problems

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Good Luck chaps - take no prisoners.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The view from Peter's peg - Peg 5 on Oaks Lake..

201791514585_peg5oaks.jpg

Oaks is normally used as the Specimen Lake

Indi68

The Controller
those 2 pegs look solid and unbeatable, so the team are 33% of the way to the win!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Still waiting for the results

I spoke with Peter earlier and he had beaten Darren Cox (Mr Garbolino) on Oaks,
Dumdum had done well with over a ton
Other weights still to come in

The other teams had really pulled in the big guns on this as we expected but it also fished hard in wet conditions, so who knows

As soon as I find out I'll post up

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just in from Adam (Dumdum) ...

" Fishing went very well for me, I came second of twelve anglers in section including a fair few sponsored lads which I'm happy about! The team did slightly less well, 10th out of twelve teams so not last which is a bonus!! Plus we beat team match fishing scene into 11th "

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Results....

First and foremost, congratulations to Team Maggotdrowning who despite overwhelming odds still maintained our ethos in enjoying themselves, whilst still beating Match Fishing Scene [^]....

Left to Right: Dumdum (Adam), davered5 (Dave P), Keith, Peter (Captain), Clive

2017915201515_jjlMDs.jpg

Section Results..

2017915201617_JJLsections.jpg

Team Results..

2017915201650_JJLresults.jpg

(All images can be enlarged by clicking them)

More reports and pictures to be added later once the lads get back and dried out, and a video of the day will be available as soon as

I would like to thank Joseph James Law for once again inviting us to this prestigious event and look forward to returning again next year [:T]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just looking at the points it was pretty close as there was only 6 points between Colmic, Preston Innovations , Drennan Oxford and Maggotdrowning - pretty impressive [:T]

dumdum

Originally posted by Dave

Just looking at the points it was pretty close as there was only 6 points between Colmic, Preston Innovations , Drennan Oxford and Maggotdrowning - pretty impressive [:T]

As I say we ft from disgraced ourselves! I should have won my section, was only 8lb down by the end after a Shaky start! Started as if I was gonna do 200lb... rapidly followed by the knowledge 200lb wasnt on the cards [;)] I shoulda stuck to my guns and fished like it was gonna be an every fish counts match! Did alright though in some good company, happy enough with mine and the teams performance for sure! Target for next year is 6th placed team! Not a lot in it if I'm honest! A better draw for the pines lads would've seen us there I'd think [:T]