Team Maggotdrowning vs strong competition

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
I was fortunate to fish this last year for Maggotdrowning.com and I must say that if you get asked to fish this event in the future do so.

Although there are some very good and talented teams they are more than happy to open up and talk you through things. Ask the anglers to show you their rigs and why they have them set the way they do? Ask them about GB mixes and what they are trying to achieve. The questions are endless but you will find all the anglers really helpful.

The only pressure really is what you put on yourselves. Sometimes you try too hard.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Getting close now and Team Maggotdrowning.com are getting ready in anticipation [^]

fatpike

Doctor ! Why do I act younger the older i get ?
Site Supporter
Food for thought, last year we were just involved to make up the teams which was a great experience, however when we got together we were all thinking of fishing Ash and Pines no one had thought about the specimen lake! Hence as a team we drew straws, luckily I had brought a method feeder rod as I drew the short straw. As a team have you decided who is fishing what lake as this will give you an advantage on the day? If you end up on the specimen lake I would use the method feeder from the off and stick with it. Wishing you all well and that team has the ability to beat all the others and if you don't you will all still be better looking than the Drennen team hahaha

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I think Peter was tempted by the speci lake, but we'll have to wait and see [;)]

I've also ordered the team a set of Maggotdrowning Hoodies to keep them warm and improve their looks [:D]

Total

Site Supporter
^^^^ [:D]

.....Imagining here, our team all with new haircuts and coiffured hair do's!... [:D][:D]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Most haven't got hair to cut lol

I'm off before I get into trouble [:D][:w]

Total

Site Supporter
Originally posted by Dave

Most haven't got hair to cut lol

I'm off before I get into trouble [:D][:w]

^^^^.....Can hear Peter muttering here!...."....Dave, ain't you got any hoovering to do?..."[:D][:D][:p]

Last edited:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ive got a house full of the wife's mates at the moment and I'm in hiding [:D]

Total

Site Supporter
^^^[:D].....I bet you've locked the cake and pastie cupboard! [:D][:p]

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Only Dave knows the combination of the pie safe.[:D][:D][:D]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I had a meet up with Peter today and a bit of a discussion and without giving the game away, looking good [:T]

pat 1948

22/09/13 - 17/03/18
In Memoriam
This ditty to be sung to any Reggae type tune "C'mon you Drowners, Give it Some! Give it Some!......C'mon you Drowners, Give it Some! Give it Some!

Ah well! the thought was there.[:D]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've just heard Catch More Media will be filming the event [:T]

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well, It's 4am and I'm buzzin so time for a coffee before I load the car up and set off for Alders Farm to meet up with the lads. [:D]

Soprano

Account Closed
Leta hope they get weighed in and pick up the cup before the nukes start coming in.

jon70

Site Supporter
Good luck everyone, completely missed this, I only live 5 minutes up the road from Alders [:0]