Team Maggotdrowning vs strong competition

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
On Friday 15th September (next Friday) Maggotdrowning.com have been invited to fish a five man, team event at Alders Farm Fishery which is being hosted by Joseph James Law (http://josephjameslaw.co.uk/)
This is the second year we have been invited to fish and we will be up against the following eleven teams:

Drennan, Garbolino, Preston, Marukyu, Colmic, Matrix, Drennan Oxford, Mosella NW, Joseph James Law, BAE Systems, Mallory Park, Match Fishing Scene

. So no real pressure on us lol [:D]

Anyway, we have put together a pretty strong team all with knowledge of the fishery with the intention of putting in a good effort on the day. Some of the team have received training by Darren Cox, Simon Fry and Gary Thorpe of Garbolino UK and Trevor Price (GOT Baits) at the fishery, the other team members are very good in their own rights and have competed at the fishery on many occasions featuring high in the results. [^]

Team Maggotdrowning consists of:

Peter Morton (Team Captain)
Keith Ashby (Keith)
Adam Daniells (Dumdum)
David Pontin (davered5)
Clive Pritchard (Clive)

The event is spread over three lakes on Alders Farm with 60 anglers competing in total, 12 teams of 5.

We do need an extra person for bank running duties and as first reserve should someone not be able to make it on the day, I was part of the squad but have had to stand down due to my wife's ill health (she's got a lot to answer for as I'm really going to miss this as it will be a cracking day [8D])

If anyone wishes to join Team Maggotdrowning and is available as a bank runner can they please let either myself or Peter know.

Maggotdrowning.com is sponsoring our team and the lads know it's not just a day's fishing, the pressure is on [8D]

I'm hoping to bring you all the results, photos and reports, and I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing them all the best on the day.

If anyone wishes to make a small donation towards Team Maggotdrowning's costs it would be appreciated and in return you will be upgraded to a Site Supporter, existing site supporters will have their present Site Support extended (3 for 3 months, or 10 for 12months), so you will all get something back in return.
This offer is to run until Friday 15th September [:T]
Please click here to do so: https://www.maggotdrowning.com/site_supporter.htm
Many thanks

beer-toast1.gif

Go for it 'Team Maggotdrowning' band.gif

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
No pressure then.[:H][:D]

On a serious note, should anyone want to come along as a bank runner/1st reserve my old club Marsh AC has booked a club match on Ash Lake the next day(Saturday) which I should be able to get them on as a guest if you can stop over and fish.[:T]

Boggis51

tailgunner
Site Supporter
Dave, I could come as bank runner if no one else is available. I only live half an hour away. I came to the pairs match if you recall so I know the layout of the fishery.(I may not be a very good reserve angler but will fish if required)[:T]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Barry, that would be great

I'll ask Peter to contact you ..... Peter

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Many thanks lads, it's appreciated [:T]

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Right Boggis51 will be acting as bankrunner for us on Friday.
Thanks Barry.[:T]

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
good luck lads bit far for me and I do not know the venue

Last edited:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just click the following link and select a payment

I'll upgrade you to a site supporter as well which gives you added benefits over normal membership [:T]

dumdum

Best get my A-game on for this, there's some decent anglers on other teams too! Good luck boys!