Team Daiwa 412 Carp

BlueKoi

Hi,

Today I had the unfortunate loss of my top 5 kit on my TDP 412. This was my backup pole for many years and was in great condition. I've been fishing recently a number of times with my 6-year old daughter who is really keen hence, I decided to let her have this pole. However, today I used 'her' pole and lost the top 5. The joints came loose between the 5th and 6th as I hooked the first carp of the day fishing shallow and slapping.

What made it worse was that I used an inter-elastic which I assume made the pole sink when it took on water.

I am now after a replacement 4 and 5 section for the pole. I know the old TNXP sections fit as I also have one of these poles however, I am looking for something that is a bit stronger. Does anyone know what poles are on the same Mandrel as the tdp 412?

Fred Davis

Daiwa still sell generic sections for this pole in the 4 5 6 and 7 sections, the seven ain't a great fit but the the other three are perfect fit , make sure it is for the spectron or team daiwa daiwa 412 carp pole, also I think these are the same mandrel 711 matchwinner (orange triangle on sections) 210, 410 or origenal tournament I have the 5 and 6 generic on my 412.

BlueKoi

Thanks Fred/Dropon. I think this is the way I shall go. I did look at these but wasn't sure if they did fit the older model but, can now see that there is a version for the older mandrel(GPS#) whereas the newer is the DGPS.#

I am under the impression that these generic sections although heavier are more robust which is really what I'm after anyway?

Fred Davis

They are very good I have some on a spectron pole and some on a 412 pole doesn't seem to alter the action of either pole