Tea Pots

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
My Mother, always claimed that you could not mash a proper cup of tea without a teapot and loose tea. Although she, eventually, succumbed to the convenience of tea bags she used a teapot right up to the day she died. I must admit that I now just put a bag in my mug although I do leave it for at least 5 minutes and give it several stirs to help it along. Is the demise of the teapot a common thing nowadays? I haven't seen one used for ages.:(

baboboy

Site Supporter
My Mother, always claimed that you could not mash a proper cup of tea without a teapot and loose tea. Although she, eventually, succumbed to the convenience of tea bags she used a teapot right up to the day she died. I must admit that I now just put a bag in my mug although I do leave it for at least 5 minutes and give it several stirs to help it along. Is the demise of the teapot a common thing nowadays? I haven't seen one used for ages.:(
Funny that I am in the market for a tea pot. The one we have currently is from Denby but it doesn't pour very well.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I can't remember the last time i saw anybody other than cafes etc using a teapot, my grandparents always insisted a brew had to be made in't pot or it were nowt but coloured dishwater!

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Still use a tea pot.... only me and t'wife so a small 2 cup one... have done since we moved in together

62tucker

Site Supporter
We have a glass one with thing in the middle for lose tea..
Mainly I use muggas tea bags from Ringtons

WrightyM

We use a tea pot at home with loose leaf tea - def makes a better cup of tea imo. Using one of those For Life tea pots with the internal strainer cage.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I use a large tea pot, for growing mint in the back garden. Other than that, it's a tea bag in a mug for me.

Silver fan 82

My Nan always used a teapot. She said you could taste the paper if teabags were used lol! She may have been right though.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
If I'm making tea for 2 or more then the teapot gets used - better flavour and it keeps warmer for longer.

If it's just me then it's tea bag in a mug

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Quintessentially British... though Tea with Mussolini is one of my most hated films. I basically dunk for a minute at most in the cup.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
I used to collect the cards from Brooke Bond PG Tips, so I was always the first to open a new box.
The smell of that freshly opened leaf tea was amazing, a far cry from the dust and rubbish they put in tea bags these days.

If my Mum had to buy a new teapot, she always made a couple of brews and chucked them away, so as to "season" the pot before she would drink tea from it?

Pompous git

Site Supporter
I collect tins, daft ones. Even got a biscuit tin in the shape of a caravan, anyway for some reason the missis decided to buy me
some loose tea because it came in a telephone box tin. Have now started to make my lunch tea in a proper teapot, surprised
myself how superior it.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
I collect tins, daft ones. Even got a biscuit tin in the shape of a caravan, anyway for some reason the missis decided to buy me
some loose tea because it came in a telephone box tin. Have now started to make my lunch tea in a proper teapot, surprised
myself how superior it.
I hate teashop/cafe tea pots they always dribble.