TDR line lay problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

slim jim

slimfast
My 2508 tdr seems to be tapering its line towards the front of the spool for some reason,the spools has'nt been of and it still seems to be working as normal,I.E. no funny noises,any ideas anyone[:T]

stevieboy

Yes mine does the same and i've noticed the spool feels a bit slack on the pin??

Gillbo

Gillberto
Tony mate mine seem to taper to the front slightly on the 2508 and the 3012 I have taper towards the back. I had some concerns but apparently its part of the design of the reel i was told. I was also told that how you have the drag set when loading the reel can affect the line lay. If I remember correctly if you have the drag set tightly and wind the line on under heavy tension at the start you end up with a better more evenly distributed line lay. You can only try it mate and see if it sorts the problem out.

nick2b

If it is like the shimanos you can alter this by moving some of the shims behind the screw knob around.

slim jim

slimfast
It only happens with the 2508 that i use for the pellet waggler,my other two 3012's are still spot on and still lay the line perfect,i might have to hit it with a hammer to see if that helps[:D],it dose'nt seem to affect the reel but it just looks really odd.Woody i wish you were right,i had 414LB in 3 matches at the end of april and drawing on them,the last two weeks i'am lucky if i draw near water never mind fish,i've picked up two sections since then and lost me draw bag tag that josh newton gave me[}:)][:D]

Genus9

The same happens on My Airities but as it does'nt affect the performance it does'nt bother Me,

Status
Not open for further replies.