TBF open-Jenny’s pool 😭😭

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Smallish turnout today , but quality field, for “moody” Jenny’s pool a good draw was needed, that’s where my day went wrong 😂😂 peg 4 was handed to me 🙈🙈, it’s a nothing peg, smack in the middle of better pegs 💁‍♂️....The whole pool had fished hard though, and I’ve managed ok down my side of the pool, despite only having 33lb of F1,s, stockies, skimmers, the lad on my right has beaten me though on peg 6, he’s had 43lb 💁‍♂️....The other side of the pool has fished much better, with Martin paynter storming it off 21, with 78lb, Bagger Phil Moore was 2nd of 16 with 69lb , 3rd was 59lb off 19 ......For me it started off ok , fishing pellets at 14.5m, but it didn’t last,then it was a struggle,just getting a bite, I’ve fished all over the peg, trying to find a few,but it was the same for everyone from peg 2 to peg 8 💁‍♂️Looking forward to it warming up next week , and I’ve got 3 matches 👍👍🎣🎣 Back to the drawing board B0C7B78C-9474-4452-80AA-2FD4533B0E56.jpeg

Last edited:

SeanB

Site Supporter
All you can do is your best mate, sometimes you're just in the wrong place and there is nothing you can do.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
All you can do is your best mate, sometimes you're just in the wrong place and there is nothing you can do.
The peg was worth 50lb , I lost 6 F1,s that were hooked everywhere except the mouth 😩I fed a few pints of maggots down the track, they wouldn’t come shallow and all I could catch on the deck line over it was skimmers 🙈

SeanB

Site Supporter
Won't be long till your picking up those little brown envelopes 🏆

Martin25664

Site Supporter
A very moody day Gaz, I thought I would catch down the corner but only managed a few before they vanished. Ended up catching at 13m fishing 3-4ft deep and constantly changing depth to keep them coming. I had a good half hour when I caught one a bung and then the fish were gone 🤔

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
A very moody day Gaz, I thought I would catch down the corner but only managed a few before they vanished. Ended up catching at 13m fishing 3-4ft deep and constantly changing depth to keep them coming. I had a good half hour when I caught one a bung and then the fish were gone 🤔
Well done mate, was you fishing shallow then ??

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Is it the photo, or is that number 7 section a potential hazard to the top kits under it, looks like its resting on the corner of the sock!

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Always hard if the drawbag doesn't favour you Gaz, as you said, put it down to experience and move on to the next. ;)

Stokie

Site Supporter
Unlucky mucker. Better luck next time in the draw bag.... you’ll get ‘em!

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Always hard if the drawbag doesn't favour you Gaz, as you said, put it down to experience and move on to the next. ;)
I probably could of winkled out a few more pounds,but when you’re on a less than average peg surrounded by good anglers , there’s no point being negative, so I do what I always do and attacked it 💁‍♂️💁‍♂️