Targetting Bream on Carp filled lakes

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Any tips for doing this or places where you like to do this? I love Bream and would rather catch them than Carp that I can catch anywhere.

In particular I mean at Furnace Mill. Last time I fished the canal section of Furnace Pool. Pellet and Corn down the Margins for the Carp. Chopped worm down the middle for Bream. Had 40lb of them including 6 slabs over 5lb in the space of an hour. Reading on their website they only allow Sonubait and Angling Bait Company groundbait.

Very tempted to fish a groundbait feeder with chopped worm for them sometime this week.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Any tips for doing this or places where you like to do this? I love Bream and would rather catch them than Carp that I can catch anywhere.

In particular I mean at Furnace Mill. Last time I fished the canal section of Furnace Pool. Pellet and Corn down the Margins for the Carp. Chopped worm down the middle for Bream. Had 40lb of them including 6 slabs over 5lb in the space of an hour. Reading on their website they only allow Sonubait and Angling Bait Company groundbait.

Very tempted to fish a groundbait feeder with chopped worm for them sometime this week.

An easy problem to get round regarding groundbait. An empty Sonubait bag and put whatever groundbait you like in it. Anything said and that's how you bought it. Trust me, I'm a bailiff and know the tricks.

Dusty

You will struggle to not catch them. I’d try and fish smaller baits, 4mm expanders maybe.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I think Bream being proper shoalers, especially at a decent size, it's either going to be a case of hitting them or not.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
There's something you could try but there's no guarantee. If you think you have Carp in your swim, bait a spot up 4 or 5 pegs away to attract the Carp, Then concentrate on the Bream for as long as you can.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I do that with the margins at least but it's a good tactic. Getting one of the Big Roach that are in there is probably even more pot luck than the Bream with all the Carp about.

matt_hayes_roach_furnace_pool.jpg