Target Sports Stars Fishing Championship

DevonDangler

Site Supporter
I didn’t realise TBF was coastal. One of them just said “I’m fishing closer to the shore”...............😂

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Good to see a taff on the winning team - little Mark Williams - must have honed his skills on the same ponds as me (y)

rudd

Site Supporter
Utter rubbish. Why do some need a helper to land the fish? If they can't fish then they shouldn't be there.
From memory didnt the personalities who used to fish as a side show to fishomania have helpers?

genesis

Just Living Leg End
Site Supporter
From memory didnt the personalities who used to fish as a side show to fishomania have helpers?
Not sure but if they did then they shouldn't be fishing. Lots of so called celebrities who can fish

rudd

Site Supporter
Not sure but if they did then they shouldn't be fishing. Lots of so called celebrities who can fish
The only requirement for landing your own fish is during a match (unless permission given for someone to help for a valid reason).
I personally dislike anyone landing fish for me in which ever angling discipline I am pursuing but there nave been occasions when necessary - such as landing an angry 41lb conger eel or specimen fish from high dangerous banks or rocks.
Most novices I see struggle to play fish to landing range, let alone net them by themselves.
Do you cringe when you see the angling team Korda/Gurus land fish for each other?

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
He wasn’t so good when he tried proper rugby though 😅
You super league, ? Brilliant player, plays for Warrington now, it was a big loss to Wigan when he left there.
He had a dabble at Union with Sale Sharks, couldnt replicate his try scoring like he did in super league , he has scored some brilliant trays both for club and country.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Yeah only a handful of tries in 30 odd games in the proper code 😉 used to regularly be successful cross coders but not been one for a while now.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Yeah only a handful of tries in 30 odd games in the proper code 😉 used to regularly be successful cross coders but not been one for a while now.
4 tries in 32 games, yet was more or less leading try scorer in super league,
I would say the best two in recent times have been Robinson and Farrell.
Some years ago John Bevan a welsh union international crossed codes and signed for Warrington. Brilliant player, and Jonathon Davies another one who crossed from union to league and was a brilliant player, Nowxa lot cross from aussie nrl to super league, or vice versa