Target for the coming season

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
For me it's simple, try to keep my back right so I can carry on match fishing until I retire in 6/7yrs, although it will be on a limited basis to avoid buggering it up again, with a little fly fishing and golf thrown in for good measure.

If I win a few that will be a bonus however the important bit is to get match fit again and enjoy it (y)
Hope your back gets sorted Dave ,

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
So with the new season soon to be on us and hopefully lockdown being a thing of the past ,what are your targets for this year .
Are you looking to start match fishing ,are you already a club match angler who wants to get nearer the top of the club champs board .
Or are you a hardened open angler who is looking to maybe qualify for a major event .
Have you got targets in mind of personal bests in matches or individual species.
Are you a pleasure angler who fishes for the enjoyment that the sport brings and would maybe like to fish different venues now and then .
Cmon lads and the odd lass let's have your targets for the coming season ,and let's see how many can meet them
To be more accurate ,better at feeding ,more patient and hopefully put a few brown packets in my pocket . The most important is to carry on having as much desire to go and having fun and enjoyment on the bank .

davepellet

First & foremost, tench... any size will do, didn't catch any last year so desperate to reverse that
if I were feeling more confident I'd say I want to catch tench from 3 venues I've never fished before but I think I'll leave that plan for a year or so...

Also crucians, although I did have a good few of these last year, I like them to go hand in hand (or fin in fin) with the tench...
catch on a method I've not used before
Catch a pike (or two)
break 3 PB's... not bothered what species, but would like to improve on my roach, perch, chub, rudd (mostly happy with my current PB's in all other species)

Deejay8

Site Supporter
To finally get out fishing after what is now a 23 year break from it. I'm going to target 3 venues, and concentrate on pole and waggler fishing to start with.

Silver fan 82

So with the new season soon to be on us and hopefully lockdown being a thing of the past ,what are your targets for this year .
Are you looking to start match fishing ,are you already a club match angler who wants to get nearer the top of the club champs board .
Or are you a hardened open angler who is looking to maybe qualify for a major event .
Have you got targets in mind of personal bests in matches or individual species.
Are you a pleasure angler who fishes for the enjoyment that the sport brings and would maybe like to fish different venues now and then .
Cmon lads and the odd lass let's have your targets for the coming season ,and let's see how many can meet them
I definitely need to get more river fishing done, trying different venues.
Also I'd love to beat my tench and Bream PBs but without becoming obsessive about it.
Mainly to enjoy my fishing and keep improving though.

dave brittain 1

Site Supporter
Hope your back gets sorted Dave ,
Robert it's fine at the moment, just got to keep up the excercise and be careful as I can't afford 3 months off work like this time last year. hopefully all will be good but thank you (y) Hope you have a great start to. lets hope it's not too long, mid March beginning of April would be perfect :D

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I haven’t been fishing once yet this year, so just to get out will be a bonus. That said, I’m going resurrect a little challenge that I set for myself six years ago. And that’s to catch the following:

Roach
Rudd
Perch
Dace
Chub
Barbel (river not commercial)
Mirror carp
Common carp
Ghost carp
F1
Crucian
Tench
Bream
Silver bream
Gudgeon
Grayling
Trout (any)
Ide
Eel
Bleak
Minnow

Edit: posted without finishing!

Thats 21 species that will take me to a wide variety of venues and keep me interested. The eel and bleak might be the biggest challenge round here. Plus I’ve never caught grayling or trout so that should be fun. I’m hoping to make a start on those before the season closes, just need to squeeze a session or two in somewhere!
Fancy leaving out one of my favourites, a Ruffe.

baggy

Mark Saunders
Mine is fairly simple and that is to get out on the bank Covid permitting.

my plan at the start of the year was to start fishing more natural venues with my fish who started fishing last year. I hope to get him on the River Tone and maybe the Bristol Avon as well as Upper Tamar and a few other venues.

I also have a day booked with Dave Roberts where I hope to catch my first river barbel.

Match-wise hopefully have a few brown envelopes on a few venues would be nice

adz1189

Adam
Would love to have a go at a match on a commercial type venue! Low profile one of course ...could highly embarrass myself 😂😂🤦‍♂️

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I haven’t been fishing once yet this year, so just to get out will be a bonus. That said, I’m going resurrect a little challenge that I set for myself six years ago. And that’s to catch the following:

Roach
Rudd
Perch
Dace
Chub
Barbel (river not commercial)
Mirror carp
Common carp
Ghost carp
F1
Crucian
Tench
Bream
Silver bream
Gudgeon
Grayling
Trout (any)
Ide
Eel
Bleak
Minnow

Edit: posted without finishing!

Thats 21 species that will take me to a wide variety of venues and keep me interested. The eel and bleak might be the biggest challenge round here. Plus I’ve never caught grayling or trout so that should be fun. I’m hoping to make a start on those before the season closes, just need to squeeze a session or two in somewhere!
That's a good idea doing a sort of rod race 👍🏻

Made me think of what I've caught species wise in last year whilst we've been kept local. Think it's roach, Rudd, carp, f1, perch, gudgeon, bronze bream, silver bream, bleak, dace, chub, pike and minnow all within about 20 miles of home. So only ruffe, tench and barbel missing from the species in the venues I fished, well technically trout and zander as well but the the former would have been a miracle and I've never caught the latter.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
If I match last seasons results this old git will be a very happy grandad, one of if not the best ever
Same here, on the coarse fishing front 2020 saw me get more sessions in than any previous year so saw me have more good sessions than any previous year so was my best coarse year ever. Will take some going to even come close to beating that as I’ll no doubt have less sessions this year.