Target for the coming season

minkyandbear

Site Supporter
To get out and about again and meet up with various criminals and brigands, sorry I meant fishing pals.

To restart club match fishing again as haven't match fished since moving to sunny Herefordshire five years again. Probably present myself as Pools Fodder at Docklows and Froggatts.

See if there is a 7lb plus tench on my local pool. Best to date for me is 6lb 5oz.

Bream fish at Chard and Llandegfedd reservoirs. Hopefully Shearwater too if it reopens.

Travel to a number of fisheries I have been thinking about over the years but for one reason and another didn't do it, especially if I can combine these visits with a few days away with the Child Bride. First trip will be to Devizes, Erika can spend the day in Bath and I'll go to Shearwater or Chard...

Catch my first intentional River Wye pike. A 10lb Barbel. A 6lb Chub.

Zerkalo

Been watching some Dave Roberts bread fishing videos on the Wye. I want to replicate that on parts of the Severn on a few Chubby pegs. Reckon you could bag up on Chub on bread under a Loafer float on some pegs. The coincides with me wanting to catch my first Barbel on the float. So it will be Bread on the inside and Meat down the middle. Seems like a good way to start the season if the Barbel are slow to start again.

nejohn

Site Supporter
Firstly is to actually get out fishing again
Then spend more time on running water than I did last year as I restricted my trips to a couple of very local still waters with only 1 visit to the Wye and 1 to the Monnow
A 1lb 4oz Dace would be nice also.....but we can always dream

The Runner

Site Supporter
To finally get back to London again and visit step and grandkids. And while there fish a club match or two . Almost exactly a year now since my last one.

Up here, still waiting for my first thornback or spurdog. And to catch another double figure pollack and get a picture this time. Only one I've had (11-5) was two and a half years ago, with phone in jacket pocket 100 yards and 50 vertical feet away over the rocks.

tincatim

Site Supporter
I haven’t been fishing once yet this year, so just to get out will be a bonus. That said, I’m going resurrect a little challenge that I set for myself six years ago. And that’s to catch the following:

Roach
Rudd
Perch
Dace
Chub
Barbel (river not commercial)
Mirror carp
Common carp
Ghost carp
F1
Crucian
Tench
Bream
Silver bream
Gudgeon
Grayling
Trout (any)
Ide
Eel
Bleak
Minnow

Edit: posted without finishing!

Thats 21 species that will take me to a wide variety of venues and keep me interested. The eel and bleak might be the biggest challenge round here. Plus I’ve never caught grayling or trout so that should be fun. I’m hoping to make a start on those before the season closes, just need to squeeze a session or two in somewhere!

rd115

Barbus Minimus
Site Supporter
I'm planning on a few trips up to the Newark area to hopefully christen these.

IMG_2834 (Edited).JPG IMG_2845.JPG

Loving them rods.

What made you choose the Basias over the Infinity Evos?

The reels not tarty enough for me though, prefer my 5500 LC CI4+ mini pit baitrunners with custom wooden handles 🥰

20201021_225919.jpg

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
A trip to the middle Severn is good for a little confidence booster ;)
I'm planning on getting back there for a few days in September/October. Worked a treat last time I went up there as on the last session I had a couple barbel in the first hour so could then concentrate on other things which resulted in losing a PB dace at the net before getting a PB chub. Cracking bit of river it seems 😍

dave brittain 1

For me it's simple, try to keep my back right so I can carry on match fishing until I retire in 6/7yrs, although it will be on a limited basis to avoid buggering it up again, with a little fly fishing and golf thrown in for good measure.

If I win a few that will be a bonus however the important bit is to get match fit again and enjoy it (y)

SerialBlanker

Site Supporter
Catch a barbel - any size
5lb + tench
2lb+ perch
1lb+ roach

Get the boat I went half's with a mate on, in the sea and catch dinner

Quite modest Targets for some but I've never had a roach worth weighing and not got a 1lb+ perch yet

Arch

Site Supporter
Loving them rods.

What made you choose the Basias over the Infinity Evos?

The reels not tarty enough for me though, prefer my 5500 LC CI4+ mini pit baitrunners with custom wooden handles 🥰

20201021_225919.jpg
I'm loving those wooden handles, they really make a difference, especially when the reel is a black one. They look bob on. (y)

The Basias over the Infinitys. ?? I couldn't find any Infinitys for sale anywhere and I'm not sure they did them in 2.75lbs TC. Maybe they did, not sure. Not many Basias for sale anywhere either. They got some good reviews over on the BFW forum, so went with them.

With regard to the un-tarty ;) reels. I just like the "old school" baitrunner look, that and the double handle, I like them too.