Target for the coming season

ATTICUS FINCH

So with the new season soon to be on us and hopefully lockdown being a thing of the past ,what are your targets for this year .
Are you looking to start match fishing ,are you already a club match angler who wants to get nearer the top of the club champs board .
Or are you a hardened open angler who is looking to maybe qualify for a major event .
Have you got targets in mind of personal bests in matches or individual species.
Are you a pleasure angler who fishes for the enjoyment that the sport brings and would maybe like to fish different venues now and then .
Cmon lads and the odd lass let's have your targets for the coming season ,and let's see how many can meet them

The Landlord

Site Supporter
With all the noises being made about the pubs opening in May, it's doubtful I'll get to fish any matches apart from the Alders weekend and maybe the Lindholm bash if it goes ahead.
I'll probably be limited to morning & evening sessions on the club waters again. Determined to try some of the more difficult ponds I haven't fished yet instead of fishing the ones where I'm more or less guaranteed to catch.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'll be happy to return to some sort of normality and be able to get out and meet up with friends old and new, enjoy the laughs and banter once more and being able to travel and fish wherever I want to.
A few brown envelopes and Nuggets would be appreciated along the way but won't be the reason for going. ;)

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I'll be happy to return to some sort of normality and be able to get out and meet up with friends old and new, enjoy the laughs and banter once more and being able to travel and fish wherever I want to.
A few brown envelopes and Nuggets would be appreciated along the way but won't be the reason for going. ;)
And getting all our nuggets at Alders 😂👍

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Gaz, Nuggets are a Bonus, I'll just be happy just to see all the usual faces (and hopefully a few new ones) at The MD's Alders Weekend as hopefully it will indicate that none have succumbed to CV19 leaving us all the poorer for their absence. ;)

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
Not getting the lurgi and going one ounce (or more) better with a tench from my favourite local stillwater. I won't hold my breath on the latter. I suspect that it may take me quite a few years.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Gaz, Nuggets are a Bonus, I'll just be happy just to see all the usual faces (and hopefully a few new ones) at The MD's Alders Weekend as hopefully it will indicate that none have succumbed to CV19 leaving us all the poorer for their absence. ;)
As Dave ducked out of last year's match, are you gonna charge him double nugget this year?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Assuming we are talking mid March as the start of the next season in a way then I have no idea what I’ll do up to end of april as that’s always a bit of a limbo time for me with up and down weather and spawning.

May to mid June will be a mix of roach and perch fishing on a probably a natural lake and semi natural style commercial plus a bit of smoothound fishing if restrictions allow. Then for the new river season it’ll be mostly roach or mixed silvers fishing again on the Thames through the summer and autumn hopefully with the odd trip away to other rivers as well. Definitely want to get back to the Severn and try the Trent.

For the immediate future I’d just like the sustained warmer spell we’re supposed to be getting see me able to get out and catch a few fish!

squimp

Site Supporter
Main thing for me is to carry on enjoying my fishing after a 10 year break from coarse fishing. The last year has been really productive as well as fun.

Prime 2021 targets will be: (COVID travel permitting)

A very big (very local!) common carp - that could (maybe even should) happen in the next 2 weeks.

A biggish roach from the Thames. 2lb plus might be a bit ambitious...

Spend lots more time on the big reservoirs fly fishing for predators and the off chance of a big brownie.

Catch some more Thames barbel and actively hunt down a really big chub (7+).

Get back to Cuba and fly fishing for permit. God knows when........