Target Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

icarpdaily

'Dancey'
This must sound rely blonde, but wot excatly r target boards used for,ive been fishing since i was 7 (7 years) seen people use them heard about them, but dont actuaaly no wot they are.
Thanx
I carp daily

Landed two in a minute havin waited all day.

waxlion1

Welcome to MD icarpdaily

A target board is a device used to register any movement of your rod tip while fishing with a feeder rod or similar.

I dont bother myselfIts just more junk to carry around with you, and God knows Ive got enough of that.

Waxlion1

icarpdaily

'Dancey'
Thanx, could you tell me how they work, an how u set them up,
Thanx i carp daily.

martin.

Account Locked
well a target board is a board with lines painted on it you set it on a bankstick a few inches from the tip of your rod.
it is used to highlight every movement of the tip as say when your just watching your tip without one a small movement of say 1mm may not be noticed against moving grass or waves but against a board with specific lines it is easier to see.
i dont normally use one but if im getting very finiky bites then i will use one .
note they are normally assosiated with quiver tip rods but it is posible to use them with swingtip rods

tight lines.
martin.

talk fishing flip football

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
They can be a deadly thing to have in your armoury especially on hard days with fickle bites and are best used with the rod in hand.

As you tighten your line up, align your tip with one of the lines on the board. The slightest movement will then register and with your rod in hand you can strike instantaneously assuming your reactions are up to it [:)]
If it's windy or the water is choppy you can also see the rhythm as the tip moves with the wind/waves and anything out of the ordinary can be picked out.

For swing tips the target board could eitherbe placed beyond the rod or as was more favourable, a clear perspex one can be used with a cut-out for the rod tip to sit on and the lines painted at angles on the board.
This way you look through the board for bites and the tip is held very steady even on the windiest days.

Welcome on board icarpdaily [:)]

Dave

icarpdaily

'Dancey'
Thanx, every one
Espicially Dave
i carp daily [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.