Tanyards Sussex

T.little60

Does anyone know what’s happening with Tanyards Fishery Sussex I believe it’s been closed since Christmas?

OldTaff

Site Supporter
If only..... Oh well we can dream.
Hopefully whoever ends up buying it will re open it as a fishery.

Not sure they will - looked at a coupe of the estate agents listings and it appears provisional planNing consent has been sought to remove the bungalow & bund a 5 bed two-storey dwelling, convert the cafe into a holiday let, to have 5 ”glamping pods” constructed in one of the paddock areas.

Sounds like the plan is to create a little holiday park that has fishing lakes on site.

Silver fan 82

Not sure they will - looked at a coupe of the estate agents listings and it appears provisional planNing consent has been sought to remove the bungalow & bund a 5 bed two-storey dwelling, convert the cafe into a holiday let, to have 5 ”glamping pods” constructed in one of the paddock areas.

Sounds like the plan is to create a little holiday park that has fishing lakes on site.
Such a waste of what was a brilliant fishery. Seems to be a common theme at the moment?

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Given what’s happened to overseas holidays with the pesky virus, UK holidays are massively on the increase so converting the venue in this way makes economic sense.

davej1981

Used to be a great place, used to go there now and again in the 90s, was the only place i could get a fix on the closed season fly fishing on the trout lake, then on the first lake when any method trout fishing was introduced. Lost interest though when all lakes primarily became speci lakes. Was a nice well run place though carl and alex fishing may know something, they used to almost live there I believe

davej1981

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
According to the link it is no longer on the market.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
I used to fish it many years ago, it was referred to as Bernie Browns place. There were only 2 or 3 lakes then, but they started digging out more and more, the blurb in the link says 4 lakes, sure there were a lot more than that eventually.

Silver fan 82

I used to fish it many years ago, it was referred to as Bernie Browns place. There were only 2 or 3 lakes then, but they started digging out more and more, the blurb in the link says 4 lakes, sure there were a lot more than that eventually.
At one point there were 6 or 7.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
The Specimen Lakes were sold separately by the owners of Tanyards and are now called Frogmore Fishing Lakes and run as a specimen carp and catfish fishery.