Tangling rig, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gudderz1

i wasnt so sure if this was to go in the tackel talk or not but the problem is when using the free running ledger rig my hair rig always ends up wrapped around the line and tangled above the weight? how can i stop this? any ideas......

thanks

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Try fearthering the cast as it reaches the water,this way the boily will go past the ledger.Also try using a smaller hair lentgh

chewy49

LumbValleyAnglers
feathering it means to place finger on spool of reel, just before rig hits the water.

so it acts like a brake.

all the rig will straighten out, and the hook will fly past the weight, and land in a straight line, with the hook/hair being the furthest away

[:)]

gudderz1

but the weight will sink faster pulling the hair back overe it again tho wont it?

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
As you reach the desired spot put your finger on the spool gently and slow it down ,not just stop it.The ledger will drag it back but as its a long way off now it wont tangle.

pool_fodder

I use one of those Preston bead clips running on the main line (i clip a feeder or bomb to this), a swivel at the end to stop it, my hook length is then tied to the swivel. I put the small rubber beads on the main line to trap the Preston bead swivel, you could say its fixed but it isn't because the rubber beads can be moved. I use this set up when the fishery says no fixed rigs and I want a bolt type rig, the rubber beads are enough resistance on the main line to set the hook. You shouldn't get tangled if you set up like this, feathering or not.

ashtheangler

Team tackletek
or instead of using a running leger rig. try using a semi-fixed bolt rig with some anti-tangle tubing above the lead clip and tubing. This way, when the hooklength goes over the lead, it will slip back down, not tangle and go back to it's proper position.

chrishowe425

all i do is feather the line and sink the tip before the rig hits the water.

never had any tangles[:D]

Larry

Lazarus
You can put a peice of anti rig tube on line or buy a one the new ESP anti tangle rigs do 2 colours brown &green

maxwell_hung

caster blaster
You could try twisting the last 6" of your hooklength. This will stiffen it giving a similar effect to a boom, keeping it away from you bomb/mainline

Status
Not open for further replies.