Tangling and swimfeeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

last cast

How do i stop my hooklenth tangling round my main line when casting with a swimfeeder attatched [?]

Ricky24

Rich
You must be using or doing something wrong rig wise, there is plenty of rigs and methods each doing different things that makes the purpose of each rig different. Try this link for a few simple rigs used either for bomb or feeder fishing http://www.angelfire.com/sd2/chavender/l_f_1.html. Hope this helps, athough difficult to answer unless I can see what your doing and rig you are using.

Tenacious Me

I still use the swimfeeder Booms...3 for 99p..

If your clipped up when you cast still aim past your mark. The tug on the clip should send your hooklength past your feeder...Also keep tension before your feeder hits bottom..

I think no matter what you do tangles are gonna happen from time to time...You can only reduce the risk..

ubat

last cast, if you are using a groundbait feeder, push the hook into the groundbait, what you are looking for is the hook to stay in the feeder until it hits the water, the water then pulls the hook out as it sinks, keep a tight line as it sinks, otherwise it will wrap around the slack line.

Status
Not open for further replies.