Talking feet waders and shoes?

Rick123

Site Supporter
Guys for a long time I've had a problem with waders. The shoes with the breathable ones I find hard on long walks. Wearing rubber like all the carp guys have makes you sweat like a clown. So I have a good pair of waders with stocking feet, and wondered if a boot made for water-skiing, or diving would be better. They are all neoprene, have decent ankle protection, come in big sizes, with a good non slip sole and cheap, like £20 fish Gul makers?Amazon product

Lcn

What boots are you wearing with your breathables . I’ve got a few pairs and don’t struggle with long walks but if it’s muddy the felt sole ones can be a bit slippery so I put studs in which helps . If I know I’m going a long way on muddy ground I use rubber sole ones and put studs in again because they are more slippery in the water than the felt soles . I know some do wear the neoprene ones but there’s no ankle support so I personally wouldn’t risk using them unless you’re only wanting a pair for netting and returning carp and not doing any proper wading . People do wear cheap walking boots but I’ve never tried that , can’t see why they wouldn’t work though, just remember to get a size or 2 up from your normal size

Rick123

Site Supporter
I've got Simms and as you know the boots get very dry and then go stiff. Ok-ish if your in the water all the time, but when they dry they shrink, part leather part cotton type stuff. When roaming I'd like to wade in some parts of small streams, or cross in shallow parts. In summer I wet wade, but too cold for that right now. It was just a thought. I've neoprene waders but very hot and sweaty even in winter when walking any distance.

brian carragher

Site Supporter
As someone who does a fair bit of wading I understand your dilemma but those neoprene boots wont cut it when you're in the river and standing on stones or boulders

Have you looked at wearing wading boots and neoprenes or the full wading set of boots and suit

Lcn

I’ve not tried leather ones but I get what you mean about it shrinking . I can never understand why they make them from leather when there’s better more suitable materials to use . I’m using the now discontinued vision grasshoppers and they are brilliant , so light you don’t even know you’re in wading boots and good ankle support and can walk miles in them . They’ve replaced them with the hopper which you can get with felt or the gummi rubber soles . I’ve also got a cheap pair of bison ones with rubber soles that I got with my first pair of chest waders years ago and they are still going strong . They are light , but not as light as the visions and and pretty comfy . They are the exact same ones daiwa do but a fraction of the price . You can get them in felt or rubber aswell

Rick123

Site Supporter
Brian. It is a full suit boots and breathable Simms waders. Its the shoes/boots I have the problem with. I've had this with all this style of wading boots. Thanks will scap that idea.
LCN. I thought about a walking boot myself, but its the comfort I'm after, so buying cheap puts me off? Thanks all.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Talking feet waders and shoes eh?
Mine have never said a word to me.

brian carragher

Site Supporter
Brian. It is a full suit boots and breathable Simms waders. Its the shoes/boots I have the problem with. I've had this with all this style of wading boots. Thanks will scap that idea.
LCN. I thought about a walking boot myself, but its the comfort I'm after, so buying cheap puts me off? Thanks all.

Why not a cheap pair of trainers, they'd be comfy enough

Will have a look at what I've got over the next few days, there's 5 pair of chesties hanging up, cant remember which is which but will have a gander soon