Talk of starting war of the roses again....

Uncle Festa

aka worker1
Arky, Myself, Scott Weston, Paul Vernon, Karl, Bones and a few others have been chatting on Fb about starting the war of the roses again....

We all know it went a bit t1t5 up with bickering and the captains from both teams have now sadly passed away.....

It deffo won't be this year but if there's enough interest I am pretty sure 'we' could do this again and bring it back to create what once was a great day, a joke and of course bragging rights [:D]

'IF' we do get this up and running again we want it to be fun in the spirit of previous Maggotrowners 'fish ins' if you waant to moan about venues lack of fish ect this may not be for you...

Fire away with your thoughts and interest if any

Col

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
If it does make a return there should be one simple rule.....

Anybody taking part has to sign an agreement that they know it is for fun and nothing serious...by taking part they agree not to b1tch and moan about anything.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Great idea Colin.[:T]
I would definitely be up for this just as long as we could make sure that we could get it back to the ethos that originaly defined these Maggotdrowning matches IE: It's not about winning it's the taking part that matters and it's all about the banter[:D] so that it's a worthy memorial to those that are sadly no longer with us.

Uncle Festa

aka worker1
Originally posted by Peter

Great idea Colin.[:T]
I would definitely be up for this just as long as we could make sure that we could get it back to the ethos that originaly defined these Maggotdrowning matches IE: It's not about winning it's the taking part that matters and it's all about the banter[:D] so that it's a worthy memorial to those that are sadly no longer with us.
You've seen me 'fish' for me it's about getting out and having fun the way it should be

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by Uncle Festa

you've seen me 'fish' for me it's about getting out and having fun the way it should be
[:D][:T]

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Another one, being southerners Peter and myself can fish for either side!!! lol

n/a39

deleted
I am right up for this. As Pete says, it cannot be taken seriously. The first 3 or 4 we held previously were quality days out with great banter. That's why so many wanted to be involved. It all got too serious, and led to some "bitching and Whining" which was very sad. The 2 previous captains are sadly no longer with us, but I for one would love to get this going again, in the spirit it was originally run. If you don't fancy a laugh and a joke while fishing, or you want to win loads of cash, then please don't enter, it's not for you!! Bring it on lads.

Posted by MrV

Uncle Festa

aka worker1
Originally posted by Geoff P

Another one, being southerners Peter and myself can fish for either side!!! lol
No you can't you emigrated to Yorkshire [;)]

Uncle Fester
Dave
Arky
Geoff
Peter
Rambo
Steak
Mr.Vernon
Karl Tucker
Mike Globe
Stu
Nelson66
Leeweston
Endpeg
Brian the fish

Last edited:

steak

Left hand drawer
These were a lot of fun years ago - stick me down as well &[;)]

Cheers

Steak
&[;)]&[;)]

Mike_Globe

Always on a Flier
Site Supporter
I'd be up for it too, we've had some brilliant matches previously, particularly on the venues that contained fish!

nelson66

please put Nelson66 and Karl Tucker down on the Lancs (winners) team

nelson66

We have a venue with parking and pub (breakfasts and beer on site)
36 pegs but we could probably squeeze 40
There are even a few fish in it (courtesy of lots of votes from Maggotdrowners) as we have been restocking it like the clappers the past 18 months

see http://salfordfriendlyanglers.co.uk/restocking-the-old-river/

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Does anyone remember the name of the lake we fished that had been netted the week previous and had all the fish taken out?

[:D]

nelson66

hang on - i still have a picture of the fish which won me a section let me get it

nelson66

Pendle View - Section Winning Monster Fish
Sadly this amazing venue has now closed its gates for good

crusty

Originally posted by Dave

Does anyone remember the name of the lake we fished that had been netted the week previous and had all the fish taken out?
[:D]
I was on a double peg with Geoff p and battered him with 6 fish that Dave Senior gave me a very generous 2oz for.

And I remember being pegged between you and Steak on a canal, and your only catch was a snail [:D]

I'd be up for this, I usually beat the Yorkie on either side [:p]

Ian