Taking your own pole to a pole alley to compare?

SpeedyJD

Site Supporter
Hi all.
I'm thinking of treating myself to a shiny new pole in January 2021 however I'm wondering how much better paying out an extra £1000 is over my current pole which is a Tricast Trilogy Pro 2 which I'm guessing is worth about £500. (looking at the Tricast Perception XN).
Has anyone ever taken their existing pole and set it up next to the pole they are thinking of purchasing to see if it's worth it? (Bobco if your listening this is what I'd like to do if possible). Thanks 🙂

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Hi all.
I'm thinking of treating myself to a shiny new pole in January 2021 however I'm wondering how much better paying out an extra £1000 is over my current pole which is a Tricast Trilogy Pro 2 which I'm guessing is worth about £500. (looking at the Tricast Perception XN).
Has anyone ever taken their existing pole and set it up next to the pole they are thinking of purchasing to see if it's worth it? (Bobco if your listening this is what I'd like to do if possible). Thanks 🙂

We used to allow it when I worked at Dick Cleggs tackle shop. I see no reason to refuse.

daveyboy

Probably best getting in touch with the tackle shop and asking if it’s ok, personally I cant see why not

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just make sure you take your bank card with you as well as I've a feeling you might need it :D

Sebbie

Site Supporter
I can’t see why they would object. If I was the shop owner I would think that if you brought your pole in to compare with a new one I‘ve got a chance of making a sale if your old pole compares unfavourably. If I refused to allow to you to bring your old pole in you may choose to go to an alternative shop and so I’d have no chance of making any sale.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi all.

I've just been on the phone with Bob and asked the question - he says "Of course you can"

Just let them know when you're there and they'll look after you

SpeedyJD

Site Supporter
I've just been on the phone with Bob and asked the question - he says "Of course you can"

Just let them know when you're there and they'll look after you
Spot on that, you didn't have to make that call for me but I'm glad you did. Can't wait now 🙂

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
No probs, I was calling him anyway so thought I'd ask the question :)