Taking Lewis Fishing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

waxlion1

Some time ago my sister asked if I was prepared to take her son (my nephew) Fishing, I reluctantly agreed and arranged to take him last Saturday.

I contacted PJ and he said he would come with us, I warned him that Lewis (my nephew) was somewhat disobedient and this could be a long day! Boy was I wrong. We arrived at Conwy valley fisheries at about 08:00 and I set Lewis up on a waggler which he said he would be fine with. I stayed close to him expecting many cries for help and many tangled lengths of line, none of which where forthcoming.

Throughout the day Lewis pleasantly surprised both PJ and myself in the way he conducted himself and the way he showed up boys and men much older than he.

Lewis is only 11 and showed the enthusiasm and concentration I lost long ago, he sat for hour on end watching his float, feeding and behaving brilliantly.

Meanwhile on the other bank there where other children, about three or four of them I think, they just dipped there floats into the margins with no idea at all of what they where trying to do. These children where older than Lewis, but had none of the passion he had, therefore none of the successes Lewis had.

(Lewis ended up with around 14 fish; best about 10oz skimmer and lots of bits).

I ask you where are the people looking after, teaching and guiding these children, I would not be surprised if these kids never went fishing again and all due to the fact that no one was there to help them. I regret not going over myself but I cant be everywhere at once (or is that just an excuse).

Taking Lewis fishing on Saturday was a pleasure and an honor I will surely take him with me again. WELL DONE LEWIS Im proud of you!

Waxlion1
hello.gif

scouse

'River Man'
HI Waxlion
well done you for takeing the time and trouble
to teach someone, cheers,
dave (scouse)

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Well thats 17 for Izaak's!
Well done Waxi, No backsliding now, gotta keep up the good work!
After Lewis? Baaaasil?

Lol

Trev

Ziptrev
I do NOT BELIEVE it

G

Well done Waxlion 4 bringing young blood into our sport

NO IT'S NOT AN EXCUSE,you had your nephew with you,it might have been another story if your nephew had not been there.
I have a 5yr old grand-daughter and she cannot wait to come fishing with her Jangar
Cannot wait 4 the day myself

PS Courtney came sea fishing with my mate and myself {in complete saftey}WHO GOT THE FISH
not me my little pest{i luv er reely}

Keep Lewis at it mate.
I LUV FISHIN ME beer-toast1.gif

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well done mate good for you

Jangar (oops sorry Toma) why wait mate??

Heres my Daughter Cheyenne she's only 2 (3 in may) & this pic was taken last year, she's using some very special gear her "unca" newt sent her from the states.
Cheyenne has now got some more floats to use thanks to "unca" Todd (the floats include a mickey mouse in a rubber ring)

& here's some pictures of my sons
Kyle 6

& Jonathan 9

& i've now got another one to introduce to the sport
might make a start this summer

Alan
You've just been moderated

Edited by - Trogg on 18 February 2002 10:43:22 PM

G

Brillint Trogg, Have you sussed my alias
Keep the little uns at it

Newt

'Lures Rule!!'
Dang - I'm still working on it. Toma is spanish for take so maybe a clue in there some where?

BTW Toma - if you or Trev ever get to the US, don't try to go to Hooters so as to watch the young lovelies with the big hooters whilst you eat. Us old fuds gotta go to Saggers (which will be next door) where the main excitement is the "wet shawl" competition. ROFLMAO

And Trogg - thanx for the pic of your youngun using the rod. Hope she is actually catching with it.

Newt Vail

Edited by - Newt on 19 February 2002 01:17:42 AM

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Waxy,
Well done mate,back in August my brother-in-law Chris phoned me up,He had been going through his loft and found his fishing tackle,that hadn't seen the light of day for at least 15 years.

"I want to go fishing with Fraser(his 6 year old),where can we go."
A quick sort out of his tackle and a couple of days later we were off to Monk Lake for the day.They have a small lake next to the main one that is a novices paradise,blanks really are impossible.

Anyway 4 hours later Chris had caught his first ever carp and so had Fraser,along with countless rudd,skimmers and roach.Needless to say father and son are both into the sport now,and loving every minute of it.

Chris with his first ever Carp

Me and Fraser with his first fish.

I think the look on their faces says it all!
Peter. thumbsup.gif

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

For details of Monk Lake look here.

Edited by - peter on 19 February 2002 9:53:02 PM

Nige

Thanks for posting the pics and stories, great read !

Nige, Wishin I was Fishin

Status
Not open for further replies.