Taking grandson #1 fishing

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Wouldn’t surprise me if Dave wrenched a nugget out of the poor lads hand despite him crying his eyes out.

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
I took a young lad, similar, top kit and maggots, instead of using the clicker I got some pellets out and a spare tub, every fish he got to put a pellet in the tub so he didn’t know how many, but was very excited counting the pellets at the end. He caught 83 and loved it.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I got off light with my little one - he said we had to stop at 16 fish !

Hope you have an amazing session.

Karl

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Right, best get my head down as it could be a busy day tomorrow :angel2: :waving:

emmaemma

Site Supporter
You need to introduce him to Neil of the nenes peg counters before you try and confuse him with something as complicated as a clicker counter....... o_O
Good luck, although I'm sure you'll enjoy the day regardless......

The one and only Harvey

He lives well who hides well
I used to love the days out I had with Rosie like that,

she still fish's but is all growed up now
Oh, yes. I remember when I took Christina to a local pond to fish goldfish. There are lots and lots of them in the pond, up to a pound. We only caught brown ones, but suddenly we had a bright orange one on the mat. Half a pound, maybe. She was utterly happy. And so was I. We still go fishing together, now and then. Last time was in july, fishing trout for the pan. We fished both from boat and from land. I fished like my father, and his father used to fish. A long rod, an old fly reel with backing, and round 4 meters of mono. And just a hook in the business end, baited with worms. His old rod was heavy, my shoulder aching, but it worked perfectly. We landed all the trout we needed, both from the boat and from land. My father passed away in late february, so it was quite emotional. It brought back a lot of memories.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well we ended up calling it after three hours as he was bored by then lol

So, four cheese sarnies, two Blue Ribbons, a bag of Wotsits, two cartons of juice, couple of coffees, magot racing, and a mixed bag of 35 Roach, Rudd and little Skimmers :drums:

We came off the maggot at one point as there were a few Carp milling around but they didn't seem interested in pellet either, so back onto maggot for a few more Rudd and called it a day :)

A brilliant little fishery tucked away not a million miles from Leeds - Trevant Farm Fishery - I'll be back :)