Taking grandson #1 fishing

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
He's been asking me to take him fishing; the last time he wet a line was about three years ago in Cornwall on a small pond, and loved it. Now he wants to go again so off we go in the morning, a bit of light gear and a pint of maggots, a couple of comfy chairs and sarnies at the ready :)
Now the only issue is, he's being playing with my clicker counter and has decided we are going to catch 100 fish :eek:

I might need to call upon the power of the maggotdrowners to accomplish this feat lol

Me and my lad

Site Supporter
fish a foot deep and target rudd shallow. Our local pond saw the young anglers on the coaching morning catch around the 80 mark each. With just the two of you, no noise it should be achievable. I wish you luck and a great time.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
That's the aim with the maggots - anything with fins :D

TBH It is a very long time since I last fished this place even though it's only a couple of miles away. I called in to take a look yesterday and it still looks the part, if a bit overgrown, and you can still buy day tickets on the bank. So fingers crossed :)

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Reminds me of the race to 100 fish competitions I had with my cousin when he first started fishing, cant remember if we ever suceeded or not! The main venue was the little pond where that lad had the old perch record from.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
You should see the amount of stuff my grandma packs for my grandad. I generally take a couple rolls, a bottle of water and sometimes a couple cokes which all fit in the cooler bit of my tackle ruckbag. Sometimes he turns up with a separate cooler bag with rolls, sausage rolls, hot cross buns, fruit cake, jaffa cakes, water, cokes the lot! Spends more time eating than fishing lol

Total

Site Supporter
That's the aim with the maggots - anything with fins :D

TBH It is a very long time since I last fished this place even though it's only a couple of miles away. I called in to take a look yesterday and it still looks the part, if a bit overgrown, and you can still buy day tickets on the bank. So fingers crossed :)

I used to love them days with my eldest lad...:).....Still fish together once a year (he's married and lives miles away)....Always a day to cherish and enjoy.....:love:

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Hope you have a brilliant day. I’m sure you will. Weather forecast looks OK.