Taking faulty things back to Screwfix, no receipt, anyone done it ?

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Got a dicky PIR light, only had it since March, can't find receipt but paid by CC and ordered online, has anyone had to do this before, at Screwfix, or elsewhere, and if so, how did it go ?

crumpercatcher.

Site Supporter
Do you have a Screwfix account? If you do they should take unopened items back. I have returned the odd item ordered via my account without any problems.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Do you have a Screwfix account? If you do they should take unopened items back. I have returned the odd item ordered via my account without any problems.
Yes I have an account (I think). The light is used, just playing up and only 8 months old, no box or receipt.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
They can pull the details up off their system. You will have an account with them as they are account holders only, hence the Screwfix number they give you.

I've done it several times

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Cheers, it may just be me being dumb, but it's a solar PIR floodlight, been fine since I fitted it, but I noticed a couple of days ago it wasn't coming on. Took it down and fiddled with the selector button and it worked. Stuck it back up and it worked a couple of times at night (taking dogs in and out the garden) but it gave up after a couple of times.

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
Screwfix will find the order on your account and offer a refund or replacement. Done this just this week with a sander that packed in after just a couple of months. I went the extra mile and bought Makita this time in the hope it will last longer than a couple of doors.