Taking bets.

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
The rematch at Sunrise lakes is this Saturday. Hopefully we will get the same pegs as our last outing, we should do as we will be on the road for 06:30 :eek:
I'm putting a golden nugget down as a wager but I intend to utilise 3 methods. Pole, waggler and feeder. Mrs will be waggler only and will be set up and fishing quicker than she can empty my wallet at Bobco...
In true match style I think I should be allowed an hour to set up but she says NO... You want to set all that up whilst I sit here waiting? Nob off... or words to that effect...

Should I be allowed this setting up time? My other option is to set everything up tonight and adjust as needed upon arrival. Not ideal as the conditions may change and require a different approach...

Anyhow... Our first head to head... Who will be victorious?

Munchy

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
Good point, very well made.... Yeah, but then there will be the insufferable gloating forever and a day to consider. I have to go for the win. (y)

Bulldog

Site Supporter
Arrive at venue, park up let Mrs Munch take some tackle down to her peg , quickly unload all yours then lock the car with the fob
Tell Mrs Munch the fobs knackered blame the garage, after you have set up say im just going to try the fob again .........Bingo it unlocks
There you go Sweet Pea you can get rest of your gear out .............i promise i wont start till your ready .................sorted

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
Devious... Love it... But then as @SeanB said my family jewels will be adorning her ears... Hmmm I like it, I really like it (y)

I actually have a dodgy fob that doesn't work on the buttons.... Genius ;)
Keep it quiet guys, that's the plan (y)(y)

SeanB

Site Supporter
But think how many brownie points you will earn for getting her some new jewellery 😉

JayBee

Site Supporter
Devious... Love it... But then as @SeanB said my family jewels will be adorning her ears... Hmmm I like it, I really like it (y)

This plan relies first of all on the mighty Meriva actually getting to the fishery, in the first place......Perhaps not a good off-roader!.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter

Then check your brake pipes for the return journey if @Mrs Munch decides to stay on her own for an extra hour .

emmaemma

Site Supporter
You should have a bit of confidence that you can beat her even if she starts fishing an hour before you. There's plenty more to rub in as well if you get the result your want..........

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
The rematch at Sunrise lakes is this Saturday. Hopefully we will get the same pegs as our last outing, we should do as we will be on the road for 06:30 :eek:
I'm putting a golden nugget down as a wager but I intend to utilise 3 methods. Pole, waggler and feeder. Mrs will be waggler only and will be set up and fishing quicker than she can empty my wallet at Bobco...
In true match style I think I should be allowed an hour to set up but she says NO... You want to set all that up whilst I sit here waiting? Nob off... or words to that effect...

Should I be allowed this setting up time? My other option is to set everything up tonight and adjust as needed upon arrival. Not ideal as the conditions may change and require a different approach...

Anyhow... Our first head to head... Who will be victorious?

Munchy
You could tell her you will draw for the pegs at a certain time, an hour to set up as per most matches, then fish from .... to .... ( insert times at appropiate).
Then get in the van and cower in the corner.

Why not just let her win ?
You know everyone on here will believe her version of embellishment, (oops I meant events. )

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
The mighty Meriva has once again pulled through, we call her Dolly in honour of Mrs Munch 98 year old grandmother who has more tenacity and grit than anyone I have ever met in my life. She lost 2 fingers on her right hand when she was a child but refused to write left handed. She powers on through come what may. A great lady indeed and someone these snowflakes need to meet.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter

One little flaw in the masterplan, Mrs Munch is bound to read these posts. :beautiful:🤕

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
Another very valid point and again well made.... I can see her now sat as comfortable as can be with a big cheesy grin, 1 - 0 up and the pressure is all on me. Not the first time I have to add :ROFLMAO: