taged fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

everyready

at the weekend i caught a samlom in my local river the fish was taged are you ment to remove the tag and send the tag off ?i just put it back .

Lid

And what happens if you decided to kill and eat it? Or aren't you allowed to take tagged salmon?

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
I think you are ment to return the fish and send the tag no (not the tag) to the EA with details of when and where the fish was caught.

Dai Fish

Lid

Oh yes, I forgot the obvious question. How big was it everyready, and which river and how were you fishing?

mike s

Closed season for Salmon this time of year Lid.
As far as I know you note the tag No. & then check with the EA to see if it's relevant to them.
PS They like the weight as well if poss.

Cumbria Angling Centre

Lid

Thanks Mike, I wasn't sure about the season dates and was too lazy to try and find the EA web-site, or somewhere else that tells me the them.

Still interested to know the weight, bait and river though.

martin.

Account Locked
hi
I had one just before xmas from the asda it was tagged with a bar code & wieghed 2kilo approx. forgot to notify EA

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

everyready

the salmon was about 3 lbs . was fishing for dace troting down middle of river on red maggot the river dee fardon north wales lot of other larger fish in river swiming by

Status
Not open for further replies.