Tackle you've had to alter to get it to do the job you want?

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Youngsters ? Youngsters ? I’m 53 and they call me ‘ young un ‘ in our club. No mate. We don’t have any young anglers. Our club will drop off a cliff one day. We actually built a pond for the kids to fish but, no kids ever turned up so now it’s open to anyone to fish. Nice little pond as well. Good pond to get out of the wind.

Oooh - where are you Mick?

The issue we have is loads of kids wanting to fish and nowhere for them to go as they are priced out & everywhere is oversubscribed with waiting lists.

Opposite the free council lake I fish is a £600 a year syndicate water who also have all the other lakes nearby costing £150- £450 per year and the club on the other side of town has a 5 year waiting list :rolleyes:

I am willing to move mate honest

PearTree

Calder Exile
Site Supporter
Widening the gape slightly of certain models of hooks eg Mustad Canal Seed

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Oooh - where are you Mick?

The issue we have is loads of kids wanting to fish and nowhere for them to go as they are priced out & everywhere is oversubscribed with waiting lists.

Opposite the free council lake I fish is a £600 a year syndicate water who also have all the other lakes nearby costing £150- £450 per year and the club on the other side of town has a 5 year waiting list :rolleyes:

I am willing to move mate honest
😳. Wow ! £600 a year ? That must be a record. Poor kids. Up here in Yorkshire we think £5 for a day ticket is steep ...... Don’t we Dave ? 🤣🤣🤣

OldTaff

Site Supporter
😳. Wow ! £600 a year ? That must be a record. Poor kids. Up here in Yorkshire we think £5 for a day ticket is steep ...... Don’t we Dave ? 🤣🤣🤣

You are not the only ones, I was used to Welsh prices of £30 a year club membership and 20 waters on the ticket :rolleyes:

Looking at properties in Yorkshire as we speak (y)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
You are not the only ones, I was used to Welsh prices of £30 a year club membership and 20 waters on the ticket :rolleyes:

Looking at properties in Yorkshire as we speak (y)
We will welcome you with open arms. Just don’t sit on our favourite peg. 🤣🤣👍

davylad

Youngsters ? Youngsters ? I’m 53 and they call me ‘ young un ‘ in our club. No mate. We don’t have any young anglers. Our club will drop off a cliff one day. We actually built a pond for the kids to fish but, no kids ever turned up so now it’s open to anyone to fish. Nice little pond as well. Good pond to get out of the wind.
Would I be young enough to be able to fish it mick? :love:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Would I be young enough to be able to fish it mick? :love:
I’ll reserve you a peg ya nutcase. 🤣🤣. Hey, listen here you young man. You keep yourself to yourself. Hull is still in a bad place with this damn virus. You keep you and your family safe. Do you hear ? When all this is over we’ll have a session on the river Hull or Ancholme. Yeah ? 👍

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Sounds like going into a new church and finding out your in Mrs Jones pew that’s been in her family 200yrs :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
If you can remember far enough back to when we had buildings called a public houses ? 🤣🤣. That’s what used to happen there. ...... “ don’t sit there that’s Alberts chair, don’t sit there either that’s Hilda’s chair “ and so on 🙄

rd350lc

Same as mate , they call me young Billy , 52 years old 😂😂

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Same as mate , they call me young Billy , 52 years old 😂😂
It’s a shame and I don’t know what the answer to it is. Young lads and lasses don’t seem to be interested at all around here. You hardly ever see anyone under say 40 fishing. I’m sure they’ll be a few on commercials but, hardly any on our natural venues. 😩😩

rd350lc

It’s a shame and I don’t know what the answer to it is. Young lads and lasses don’t seem to be interested at all around here. You hardly ever see anyone under say 40 fishing. I’m sure they’ll be a few on commercials but, hardly any on our natural venues. 😩😩
Our club has done great things with kids , we're extremely lucky with a great coaching team .
But yes it is rare , it's a job to get my 14 yr old out of her bedroom , let alone outdoors .......

Total

Site Supporter

Three under 30 in our club now and just taken on a junior too....:)