Tackle you've had to alter to get it to do the job you want?

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
I think what they are trying to do ( or thinking about doing ) is making it one feeder method only. Basically to make it easy for our bailiffs to identify. As if we have any bailiffs 🙄. If there’s too many variants Nicky folk will just do what they please.
Only problem with that Mick is that it's far to easy to set up a method feeder as a fixed rig. :mad:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Only problem with that Mick is that it's far to easy to set up a method feeder as a fixed rig. :mad:
Anglers have already been warned for putting float stops above their method and hybrid feeders Peter. I think the club wants to minimise the fish deaths we seem to suffer every summer through careless angling.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Anglers have already been warned for putting float stops above their method and hybrid feeders Peter. I think the club wants to minimise the fish deaths we seem to suffer every summer through careless angling.
Totally understand Mick, the unfortunate part is that we all know that people will try to get round it, making more work for the Bailiffs. :mad:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Totally understand Mick, the unfortunate part is that we all know that people will try to get round it, making more work for the Bailiffs. :mad:
What bailiffs Peter mate ? At the moment we are extremely vulnerable. Very few bailiffs and with the cool weather, very few anglers to keep an eye out. I don’t think we have had any poaching this year but, you can never be too sure. Last year we were forever finding lines out in our ponds. Very thick lines tied to very strong elastic then tied to the legs of the platforms. Treble hooks on the end with nuts, bolts and even spark plugs as weights. On the end were hair rigged boilies. We managed to find seven lines one day. Five with no bait left on. One with a carp of about 3lb on which we got to recover and swam off strong and a carp of around 5lb which unfortunately died. That was heart breaking. A few of our ponds are quite remote down farm tracks etc and as you know, you can’t be there all the time. You just have to do your best don’t you ? 🙁

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter

I banned 2 members last year for doing exactly that.

As for altering a piece of kit. I don't know how many of you use the Loc-Slide floats, but have you noticed that on the back of the packet, it shows how to use it. All well and good IF that way is allowed by the fishery. Ours are no fixed/bolt rigs, nothing above the feeder (free running, inline only) so I came up with a way to use the Loc-Slide and still keep it all running inline. I didn't change the actual float, just the way it's set up.

rudd

Site Supporter
Apart from moving shot or a stop knot I have had to alter box or seat legs on unlevel banks.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Easy answer, ban feeder fishing.... who needs it anyway!
🤣🤣. I would.

Blazing hot day, carp on the surface taking anything they come across, old boy sat with radio on casting 60g blockend feeder out 15 yard. He’s not clipped up it’s just that his 1970’s curly 18lb line he got free with an Angling times is running out and doesn’t allow a cast any further. 🙄. This is what we have to deal with mate.

I’d just like to point out that although similarities may exist I am in no way referring to Neil of the Nene in the above post. His line is 15lb. 🤣🤣🤣. Love ya Neil. 😘😁

ukzero1

Site Supporter
🤣🤣. I would.

Blazing hot day, carp on the surface taking anything they come across, old boy sat with radio on casting 60g blockend feeder out 15 yard. He’s not clipped up it’s just that his 1970’s curly 18lb line he got free with an Angling times is running out and doesn’t allow a cast any further. 🙄. This is what we have to deal with mate.

And what's wrong with that? Pffft, you young guns think you know it all. moa.gif

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
And what's wrong with that? Pffft, you young guns think you know it all. moa.gif
You ain’t got 15m of line. 🤣🤣. Anyway, what are you doing on here ? Finish that big English and get yourself down the ponds. Call yourself head bailiff ? Pffffft. 🤣🤣😘

double.d

Watching a recent video reminded me of the time I altered the Guru Elasticated Stems. Hated the Speed bead and swapped it for the Preston ICS Beads.

Had to use the large size to accomodate the Heavier Elastic, and this in turn meant I could no longer tie my hooklengths with my figure of 8 loop tyer anymore as the small loops were a struggle to get over the bead. I had to use a Stonfo tyer instead to make the loops larger. More fiddly and time consuming.

Guru Stems.jpg

This guy below also hates the speed beads and does it his way but what item have tackle have you had to alter to make it work for you?

If you want a larger loop just add more turns with your loop Tyler works for me.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
You ain’t got 15m of line. 🤣🤣. Anyway, what are you doing on here ? Finish that big English and get yourself down the ponds. Call yourself head bailiff ? Pffffft. 🤣🤣😘

Just having a morning brew, couple of cigs to bump start the lungs and I'm on my way down there mate, taking the gun too. Shot another Mink a couple of days ago and there's still paw prints of others.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Just having a morning brew, couple of cigs to bump start the lungs and I'm on my way down there mate, taking the gun too. Shot another Mink a couple of days ago and there's still paw prints of others.
Yeah, where there’s one they’ll be a few more no doubt. Big place yours. They’ve plenty of room. Good luck. 👍

Marker50

Site Supporter
Here’s my mini 10g methods for the winter, tops of plastic milk bottles abit of lead strip araldited on & 6mm hole in sides to take the Guru stems.

image.jpg
Hi mate.
The car tyre balance leads stick on and are in lots of gram variants

OldTaff

Site Supporter
🤣🤣. I would.

I’d just like to point out that although similarities may exist I am in no way referring to Neil of the Nene in the above post. His line is 15lb. 🤣🤣🤣. Love ya Neil. 😘😁

18lb line - only 18lb ????

Took this out of a tree yesterday on my local lake - 57g lead, tow rope braid and an enormous barbed hook - from a water where I have to feather the cast with a 15g method feeder NOT to hit the far bank and 15lb is a rare monster :ROFLMAO:

With us it’s youngsters not oldies flinging masses of stuff like this out because it’s what they see from YouTube & mags catching 30’s & 40’s :rolleyes:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
18lb line - only 18lb ????

Took this out of a tree yesterday on my local lake - 57g lead, tow rope braid and an enormous barbed hook - from a water where I have to feather the cast with a 15g method feeder NOT to hit the far bank and 15lb is a rare monster :ROFLMAO:

With us it’s youngsters not oldies flinging masses of stuff like this out because it’s what they see from YouTube & mags catching 30’s & 40’s :rolleyes:
Youngsters ? Youngsters ? I’m 53 and they call me ‘ young un ‘ in our club. No mate. We don’t have any young anglers. Our club will drop off a cliff one day. We actually built a pond for the kids to fish but, no kids ever turned up so now it’s open to anyone to fish. Nice little pond as well. Good pond to get out of the wind.