Tackle to get next year

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
In follow up to the interesting thread that's been running on good tackle people have used this year I thought it would be interesting to see what stuff people are planning on getting for next year or maybe even hoping to get for Christmas. Mine would be as follows and are all rods for now!

Drennan acolyte ultra 11ft feeder - this is the definite one as whilst it's been nice using my 10ft Shakespeare wand for mixed bags on the Thames it is a little short and not the most accurate caster or quickest striker. The acolyte seems the logical upgrade as I've liked it from the few goes with my grandad's one that I've had and I certainly love my 13ft float version.

8ft M 15-40g Shimano BX-STC travel spinning rod/possibly a different but similarly rated 8ft travel spinning rod - this is a reasonably likely one but is dependant on Brexit not knackering the pound any further as this would be my new Florida rod. I've been using the old 7-9ft AX version for about 10 years now and whilst it does the job well enough I really should have upgraded it by now, partly for a more modern blank but mainly because neither the 7 or 9 foot set ups are as ideal as an 8ft.

A float rod that's slightly stepped up power wise on the acolyte ultra - more of a nice to have rather than likely given the likely expense for what would be a rarely used rod but I have been keeping a eye out for a second float rod to compliment my acolyte ultra. Not an actual power float rod but something rated up to 5 or 6 pound line for situations where the ultra's 2-4+ pound blank is a little light, eg carp stuffed commercials or high rivers.

A light 10ft float rod - seemingly a mythical beast but could do with one for my little boat as space is at a bit of a premium so not ideal for waving around conventional float rods

How about you guys?

Nicky Dodds

A couple more matrix double ready rod bags
preston pro-flat roller (the small one)
Matrix winter suit
MTX No3s and 4s
More nick Gilbert floats
And you can't have too many reels....

PAB

Site Supporter
I cannot think of anything that would help me or give me more pleasure in my angling I now tended to steer clear of all the tackle tart must have pretty gear that so many companies flood the market with after years of being one of the worlds worst tackle tarts spending thousands on pretty must have gear recommended by some paid and sponsored match winner. and it feels sooooooo good.

Total

Site Supporter
All things being equal I'll be picking up my dream rod on Sunday... a B James MkIV Avon.... wanted one for years and my lovely lass is buying me one for Christmas...

That sounds great 'H':)......Hope it gives you many hours of angling pleasure. (y)

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Have my eye on Halkon Hunt Bib & Brace and jacket and/or a platform barrow more likely a secondhand one as I want to fish the Trent more next year, although not likely to go enough to warrant buying a new one. Have a trip pencilled in for next year to catch a barbel, with Chris @Northantslad on the Trent, so who knows I might need a couple of barbel rods if the bug bites. :)

Total

Site Supporter
Hope so too... I have the choice of 2 so I'll see which one feels best in the hand...

Is it a 'minter' one H or a refurbished one?.....Saw one many moons ago and drooled over its beauty. :love::giggle:

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
It's all original as far as I know

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
There's nothing I need really, except another keep net, maybe a new landing net, a set of updated alarms and illuminated hangers, oooh, and a set of new luggage. Apart from that, nothing I can pin down yet, unless of course something catches my eye.

ulladubulla

Luke D.
Site Supporter
Have my eye on Halkon Hunt Bib & Brace and jacket and/or a platform barrow more likely a secondhand one as I want to fish the Trent more next year, although not likely to go enough to warrant buying a new one. Have a trip pencilled in for next year to catch a barbel, with Chris @Northantslad on the Trent, so who knows I might need a couple of barbel rods if the bug bites. :)

You won’t regret the HH and you are welcome on the Trent anytime with me

Capt Birdseye

Site Supporter
I cannot think of anything that would help me or give me more pleasure in my angling I now tended to steer clear of all the tackle tart must have pretty gear that so many companies flood the market with after years of being one of the worlds worst tackle tarts spending thousands on pretty must have gear recommended by some paid and sponsored match winner. and it feels sooooooo good.

Bahhh Humbug !

Method Man

Acolyte 12 or 13ft float rod, and some big Rudd and Roach, and some nice tench a rarity down here in Bedfordshire ? tench that is....

rd115

Non-catcher of Barbel
Site Supporter
Hopefully getting an 11ft Yank n Bank pellet waggler rod end of this month for next year.

Also need one more reel, looking at a Cadence CS10 5000 if it's ever released, failing that I might look at the new N'Zon range from daiwa. If they feel as cheap as they look I'll probably get a 4000 size TDR instead.

Then I'll need a longer maybe 12ft feeder rod to cover any distance fishing. Might travel further afield to different places next summer so better to be prepared :)