Tackle storage?

Rick123

Site Supporter
Where do you store your fishing tackle? Half of mine is in the loft, the other half a garage, its a winter summer thing and for a bit of security really. Point of the thread is mice and mould. We have caught 8 mice this winter so far, coming in the greenhouse and garage. All those would be eating away at my stuff buy now, I use good quality traps and they work. Regarding mould, I try and open the windows and door for an hour every day, it's amazing how mould ruins bags, and cotton main kit. This is a reminder to you all guys. Rich.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Where do you store your fishing tackle? Half of mine is in the loft, the other half a garage, its a winter summer thing and for a bit of security really. Point of the thread is mice and mould. We have caught 8 mice this winter so far, coming in the greenhouse and garage. All those would be eating away at my stuff buy now, I use good quality traps and they work. Regarding mould, I try and open the windows and door for an hour every day, it's amazing how mould ruins bags, and cotton main kit. This is a reminder to you all guys. Rich.
I keep all my tackle in the garage ,i have an electrical rodent device that has worked for me . I do keep bait in a dedicated bin with a tight fitting lid or in the fridge .

Jonnie987

I have some big storage boxes for keepnets and my carryall will go in one too
Accidentally leaving cat in shed also is a good deterrent

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Garage... we have access via the conservatory... also have stuff in the loft and conservatory has a load in as well... alarmed and a couple of little surprises for the incautious intruder??

Marker50

Site Supporter
Bought these racks for garage.
Makes it very easy to pick and load car.
Our cat ensures i,v not seen a mouse.

Attachments

• 20201017_091119.jpg
    20201017_091119.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 39

bluemack

Site Supporter
I keep mine in the spare bedroom,no way would it go in the shed for some thieving s##t to nick.

Marker50

Site Supporter
Had to compromise as shelfs were wider but wifey said your not covering that picture ?.
But actualy makes sliding holdall out better.
Dint tell her that.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Most of mine is locked in the summer house at the moment,holdalls,box,bags,space shuttle.
Spare rods,and tubes with topkits, ready made holdalls, are in the roof framework in the garage,

Marker50

Site Supporter
Same spare rods made up are in hangers other side of garage i had made.
Bait in steel lockers from old british steel days.

The one and only Harvey

He lives well who hides well
Site Supporter
In two rooms in my basement. And, living alone, in most of the rest of the house also. Bedchairs are bagged up are stored in the loft.

satinet

I didn't fish for a couple of years. A mouse or mice moved in to my jrc contact holdall and peed all over everything. I can't get the smell off the reels. One of the handles went rusty but I cleaned it up to useable.

I managed to wash the reel bags but the holdall still stinks even after washing. I only really lost a towel and a catty elastic. I can still use the bag but they chewed the bottom inside.

Difficult one. Never enough space is there.

baggy

Mark Saunders
i keep all of my kit in spare rooms in the house with the exception of stinkbags, I don’t like the idea of risking keeping kit in the shed even though it’s insured

Deejay8

Site Supporter
I've got a summerhouse that is used as a place for my hobbies, and it's very secure, dry and warm.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
2 Big Cellars Plenty of Room for all the Gear, Bait Fridge, Beer Fridge, work bench the Bizzo.

genesis

Site Supporter
Account Locked
At home in a room at the back of my office. Although in Summer if I have a run of matches it stays in a corner of the dining room as it's a lot easier. Bait fridge, dustbins of bait, glugs, spare rods and nets, trolley etc are kept in one of the cellars.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
At home in a room at the back of my office. Although in Summer if I have a run of matches it stays in a corner of the dining room as it's a lot easier. Bait fridge, dustbins of bait, glugs, spare rods and nets, trolley etc are kept in one of the cellars.

Are you in the same Bungalow Andy ?

genesis

Site Supporter
Account Locked
Are you in the same Bungalow Andy ?
Yes mate but don't forget it's only a bungalow at the front and is two storeys at the back where we dug into the banking and and added two double bedrooms, bigger kitchen, office, dining room and the extension.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Yes mate but don't forget it's only a bungalow at the front and is two storeys at the back where we dug into the banking and and added two double bedrooms, bigger kitchen, office, dining room and the extension.

Yeah i know mate just wondered if ya were still there ? Is the Pub down the road still operating ?