Tackle Shops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry

Lazarus
I've had alot of tackle mail order from North West Angling always delivered quick

Nev101

Bogs Dalls
For mail order it may be ok, but if you go in the racks are low in stock and the bait section isnt that good (not including specimen secton, i have limited knowledge on this type of fishing).

I nearly bought a Maver Resolution from their last week they were selling them for 299.00 according to the web site. I had been in a couple of days prior to that and the price marked in the shop was 399.00. I phoned for confirmation and was told that it was a mistake. I ended up going to Ted Carters in Preston, not exactly convenient but worth it considering i saved 100.00.

I am not very happy with the service in their either, the guys need to go on a basic sales/customer relations course.

Nev101

Bogs Dalls
I have had good experiece their in the past endpeg. I bought a pole from their once and i found Brian to be very helpful and quite amusing to boot. Unfortunately i live near Bolton, so again a little inconvenient.

crusty

Leigh Tackle and Bait,
the owner (Steve i think) goes out of his way to help, even if you're not buying anything.

crusty

Nev101

Bogs Dalls
Thanks Crusty

I will give the place a try, never been in there. I just want somewhere decent to offload my hard earned cash (which the missus dosent know about obviously).

piroflip

Daves of Middlewich (I have no connection with them) are not your average pokey tackle shop. The premises are large with a huge choice of all tackle from budget starter kit to top of the range. You grab a basket and walk around helping yourself as in a supermarket.
His bait section has to be seen to be believed and is almost a seperate shop on its own.
Several types of maggot are on display under a glass topped counter and they open Sunday morning. Worth a trip to J18 of the M6 if you want kitting out.

Nev101

Bogs Dalls
Thanks Piroflip

I work about half an hour away from Middlewich so it could be a good option for Fridays after work.

floatfisher

Site Supporter
Ted Carters at Preston. They stock a vast range of gear to cater for every aspect of the sport.The staff are helpful and knowledgeable as well and the prices are very competetive. Been using them for over 40 years now and never had a problem. I did call in to North West Angling a few weeks back and I thought the place looked generally run down with limited stock on display and most of it marked up at top prices to boot.

Miggy

St Ives Fishing
arundel aquatics are brilliant! sure there maybe a few stocking issues and the maggots never turn up when you they should but where else can you go in, have a brew, sit in big arm chairs and have a cig while chatting about fishing the waters around glossop? lol thats what i like about tackle shops, it feels more like your going to your mates house and buying things off them than being in a "shop". now then, about my free tackle....

Status
Not open for further replies.