Tackle ripoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveh

This afternoon bought an Aladdin isulated mug for 1.99 at Dunelms of Dunstable (not in a sale) that some tackle shops charge 5.99 for

DaveH

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
If you care to think about it we are ripped off big time by all the 'names' in fishing tackle. We are our own worst enemies because we pay there prices. Its a pity we cant get together and refuse to bow down to vastly inflated prices. Strange though isnt it that most of these 'manufactures' are in the main carp orientated. John

chill out go fishing

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
I wholeheartedly agree.
You only have to look at the ludicrous Pole discounts, ie RRP 1999.00 our price 850.00 saving 1149.00 to realise that this is comercially suicidal OR the true value once the suckers have bought the NEW product.
I understand that the Askari Company from Germany came to England as the son of the Chairman was studying at a Brit University and could not believe the price he was being charged for his tackle here.
Check out their website on www.askari-fishing.co.uk and tell me how they can offer a 9 roller bearing Silverman ASKI 900 Reel for 19.95!with a 5 year guarantee and spare spools at 1.50 each.
If it fishes rip it off!
Trev

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Trev

In Europe everythings cheaper than over here (i know someone who brought a rangerover from germany cos it was cheaper than walking down the road to the actual rangerover plant & buying one)

I love it when companys like Askari start to trade over here because it makes our tackle companys & traders think hard about how much they're charging us.

The main culprits for the tackle rip off is the goverment because they want to get their greedy little mits on as much money as possible so they call it V.A.T .

I have friends in the states who are quite happy to send me stuff , all i do is find what i want on the cabbelas, bass pro shop or similar site send them the cash & they go out buy it & send it over to me (which works out a hell of a lot cheaper than paying the actual companys P+P charges) if you do it right & get them to say its a present or similar then you also get out of the import duties

Alan
You've just been moderated

Status
Not open for further replies.