Tackle Mystery

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Somwhere lurking in my house are two trays of light canal rigs

14 rigs per tray in preston boxes, winders are Fox ones and are bright dayglo orange, so you would think they would stand out easily

I tied em up, mainly 0.2 and 0.3g rigs about 10 weeks ago at the start of the lockdown, spent a couple of days intermittantly working on them at that time for the new club match season

now getting my stuff together for this sundays match on the canal, can I find them, can I buggery !, they cant walk and they were in the back room, Ive found the other three preston rig boxes I bought at the same time and the red winders I took out the boxes and replaced with the fox orange ones, plus all the bright yellow fox winders that Im going to swap into the three rig boxes that are sitting in front of me now

cant understand it, everything else is here, the box with rig lines, shot, stoz, olivettes rubbers,,silicon etc, the tools

the boxes and trays with the heavier rigs for ponds and commies are here, and I woulda thought I woulda stacked the canal rigs on the shelf with them

but where Ive put those 2 trays, Im bloody stumped !

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
Did you just dream you made them up, are they with your box, in your box, in a holdall, In a safe place out the sun, come on man think. :unsure:

Paul.P

I do this sort of thing quite regulary, so i shouldn't worry mick, they'll turn up !

Total

Site Supporter
Didn't you go down the canal with Bill recently?.....Possibly in your box already or in your holdall?

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
been looking everywhere, bloody mystery

sat here tying up another lot of gazzunders and mick basset floats

cant risk not having the right kit, these club matches are important

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Didn't you go down the canal with Bill recently?.....Possibly in your box already or in your holdall?

different rigs, went to aldergate with billy and thats 10 to 12ft deep, so use 0.5 to 1g floats there

these were for the shallower sections of around 4ft deep so far lighter 0.2 and 0.3g, and lighter line too

Total

Site Supporter
different rigs, went to aldergate with billy and thats 10 to 12ft deep, so use 0.5 to 1g floats there

these were for the shallower sections of around 4ft deep so far lighter 0.2 and 0.3g, and lighter line too

Ah, was worth a shout.....Hope they turn up for you. (y)

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
I don't know whether to take this as an insult or compliment,my name not being brought into a thread by the usual suspects about stuff being lost ???
Still on the first page of the thread Sly, Plenty of time for you to get the blame yet.?