Tackle Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
Can anyone recommend a company who will provide me with insurance that will cover my tackle why it is in the car and also (if possible) on the bank???? my tackle is covered under my house insurance while it is at home but once its in the car its not covered any more!

Mikey A

Try these matey..i don't use them myself i just came across them a while back and saved the link just incase it would come in useful....

www.fostersofbirmingham.co.uk/insurance.html

Mikey

Last edited:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Gingert,

Also have a word with your house insurance provider and see if you can include it as Sporting Equipment as an extension to your policy.
I have mine covered on an old for new basis away from the home, as well as in it, as an extension. The premium is based on the value of the tackle

Dave

Simon R

Site Supporter
Hi Ginger

I've got the same as Dave - mine's covered under my house contents insurance (Royal & SunAlliance). I thinks its called "All Risks" cover and even covers me for breakages 'in normal use' - and I certainly ain't gonna admit to standing on the top section of my pole [;)]

To be honest I've never actually claimed on it cos there's a 50 excess and the only thing I tend to break are top kits for poles (probably why all my top threes are different lengths[:I])

Simon

Larry

Lazarus
Mine's covered under my contents insurance , but only while in the house &for accidental brea kages, not while in use ,or in the car.

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

scouse

'River Man'
hi gingert76
Try this one
very good
and helpful,
Mead Insurance
3 star hill,Lessingham
Norfolk NR12 0DL
PHONE NUMBER 01692 583408
fax 01692 582425
email keith@meadcom.fsnet.co.uk
hope this helps[:D]

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
thanks for the replies boys i will sort out when i get me new pole!!!!

snakey

PAA COACH
My tackle is covered under my house insurance policy and it is a good idea to take photos of your individual items as this helps as proof of ownership if you have to make a claim. I bet you don`t have the reciepts for everything you own. If you`re looking for a separate policy there is a link to a company at the very bottom of the MD`s title page offering various policies. It might be worth giving them a ring to see what they have to offer.

SNAKEY`S NOT PLAYING GOLF YET

Triturus

A very worthwhile thing is insurance, as I found out when the shed was broken into and the whole lot nicked. It suprised me when I totted up what replacement value was (3000). Luckily I had it covered under 'Sporting Equipment' upto a value of 5000. I was asked to produce photographic evidence or receipts. Had to show the claims assessor my photo album showing various bits of tackle on show in the trophy (lol) shots. Then had to get three estimates, but they paid out eventually, but lost 6 weeks of the season.

Neil

Chopper

I've got my house insurance with Direct Line and my gear is insured with them seperately but on the same policy so it's insured away from home, in the car etc. If I remember correctly if there is any one item worth more than 1,500 you have to specify it, ie a pole.

I broke a number 9 section of my Milo 11-11 pole and claimed, I was hoping for cash as I got the section repaired for 45, the insurance company got me a new section from a prefered supplier at a cost of 500. Dam, I wish they would have given me the cash!

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Individual 2002 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
2001 Embassy Division 1 National Team Champions.

www.colmic.com

MrC

I have the same insurance as you Lee only yesterday it was renew time for me, so i asked them about the fishing tackle it is covered under the contents insurance away from home .. but it is never insured when in use!! sporting goods are never insured when in use only in the car etc thats what they told me... Mal.

everyready

i have my tackle insured with liverpool and victoria insurance co on home policy. damaged rod while on the bank and they were only too happy to pay for new rod

darryl

mine is with the nationwide but they only insure it at home or on transport to and from home but not in use

Phillip

Hi Ginger I have a household insurance with Lloyds TSB and they cover me for any tools and fishing equipment that are in the car, and also cover me if my fishing tackle gets accidently damaged when in use I can't say if they would cover you but I get it because i'm disabled. But it would sertanly be worth getting in touch with them to find out.Lloyds TSB Contents unit. 60 Spring Gardens. Manchester. M60 1HU Tel 016 830 1323. Fax 0160 839 6974 [?]

pbinc

Lid

My household insurance also covers sporting equipment and 'valuables' (e.g camera, jewellery) up to 4k outside the house, including in a parked car. I think it's with Norwich Union via Swinton. Some companies need you to list items over a certain value and may have a single item limit. [8D]

Beware though, if you claim, you may find they refuse to cover in the same way next time. I had some stuff stolen from my car about 10 years ago, and at renewal, whoever I was with specifically excluded items in a parked car. I moved companies, but the new company did the same and it took a few years to re-earn the right top 'full' cover again. [:(]

Lid - formerley known as Leighton [:)]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.