Tackle Carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted Sanchez

I am finding it harder and harder to fit all my tackle in [:)] Ooooh Matron [:I]
I am looking to get a cheap (200-300) 'white van' a diesel Citroen/Peugeot pontiac.gif ...so those of you that own a similar tackle carrier- What hints and advice can you give me?..like what straps and GIZMOS have you rigged up for holding your rods in place in the back of the van...no tittering!
What do you take in your van, apart from tackle, to make your life easier?
How do you make it secure when you leave the van...any old stuff would be useful..even cheap insurance for a hobby vehicle!
All the best
Cheers
Ted

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Ted,

Try the Auto Trader website, they have a search engine of all ads that you can specify make and price range: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/

Citreon/Peugeot diesel engines are virtually bullet proof but watch out for leaky head gaskets as you may find that it cost you a lot more than the initial price to fix.
Use a ladder rack type roof rack for the rods if you want to put them on the roof, not recomended though for leaving in Motorway service station car parks while you get a burger [:)]

Locks, get yourself some of the fold-over hasp type thingys from a hardware shop and bolt them to the rear doors, use a disc type padlock with one rather than rely on the van's own lock.
Rear windows, fool the thieves by taking out the glass and replacing with 6mm perspex. It's a lot harder to break.

Insurance, tricky one this one, but insure stipulating a maximum mileage limit and high voluntary excess to keep the cost down.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.