Tackle Boxes

Zerkalo

Looking for a new tackle box makes me think of an old cantilever style box that seemed to fit everything into it. I already have a double sided multi compartment box that I use to hold bit and bobs and terminal tackle for roving, but having just bought a Korum Ruckbag I thought I might take a look at what's available tackle box wise now.

Korum boxes appear to be discontinued and the Guru Feeder boxes are pricey at £30 for what looks like is only designed for feeders, not multi compartmented for hook packets, needles, disgorgers etc as well as feeders.

Basically I'm looking for a box to use to hold roving river tackle, what do you use or recommend?

rufcuk

I would be looking at the feeder bags made by different companies but they ain't cheap

Zerkalo

Problem I have with for example

Does not look like there's room for different sized bits of tackle. No longer section for disgorgers or a few floats.

Feeder bags. From what I can see the Guru ones are actually cheaper than their Feeder Box and the Preston ones are a bit big defeating the object of a Ruckbag?

Tinca Mad

Site Supporter
I've two of these Stewart tackle boxes donkey years and would never part with them. Easy clasp at the front and the dedicated split shot compartment is brilliant.
This Daiwa box looks handy too.

Zerkalo

The Stewart looks very similar to the one I have except it's double sided, I must have had it for years now.

Hopefully Korum have something in the pipeline similar to their Rig/Tackle Boxes.

carphauler

Barbel Tickler
I'd be looking at general tool type boxes on ebay/amazon, branded boxes are a rip off in my opinion, I used to use b and q tool boxes for this sort of thing.

Zerkalo

I think that might be what the box I'm using at the moment is.

Thinking of going back to an old style cantilever box.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I have a korum box myself but also have budget branded ones like NGT, it’s a box at the end of the day doesn’t have to be too technical.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I have a Grey's one that I use when I travel light, it is very well made with lots of compartments and small bits and pieces don't get all mixed up

Amazon product

Zerkalo

NGT ones look nice! Grey's one even better! Thanks!

I have a korum box myself but also have budget branded ones like NGT, it’s a box at the end of the day doesn’t have to be too technical.

Basically retail therapy for me as I don't really need a new one, just need to tidy up the old one, but was disappointed by the look of what I saw.

The Guru one looked nice but not quite what I'm looking for and wouldn't do me any better than what I already have. Just spent £40 on feeders, hooks, disgorgers, bank stick, butt cup, and bait boxes to pass the evening.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
I have a few different Greys Klip Lok boxes for different set ups. Be aware that there are two different sizes out there. Very often it's not particularly easy to tell which you might be getting unless you get to see them side by side. On-line sellers also have a nasty habit of using pictures of the "wrong" version in their adverts. It's how I found out that there were two different sizes! :LOL: Fortunately, it all worked out rather well.

Zerkalo

I bought the unloaded version so hopefully my little swivel/bead boxes will fit in there. I think that's what you get if you buy the loaded version. We'll see. (y)

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
I bought the unloaded version so hopefully my little swivel/bead boxes will fit in there. I think that's what you get if you buy the loaded version. We'll see. (y)

The two versions aren't simply a case of loaded and unloaded. There are two distinct sizes of the outer box.
If the lid of the box is recessed, it's the standard model (bigger). If the lid is flat, it's the Compact model.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Looking for a new tackle box makes me think of an old cantilever style box that seemed to fit everything into it. I already have a double sided multi compartment box that I use to hold bit and bobs and terminal tackle for roving, but having just bought a Korum Ruckbag I thought I might take a look at what's available tackle box wise now.

Korum boxes appear to be discontinued and the Guru Feeder boxes are pricey at £30 for what looks like is only designed for feeders, not multi compartmented for hook packets, needles, disgorgers etc as well as feeders.

Basically I'm looking for a box to use to hold roving river tackle, what do you use or recommend?
A sandwich tub small or large

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I’ll check the brand of the box my grandad has at it fits into the korum bag you’ve just bought perfectly zerkalo. I think it may be NGT.

stephenk

Site Supporter
I got a really good dragon carp one - movable dividers and smaller bits boxes. Only a tenner. They may do them through sports direct now / ebay.