T.V.Programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonesr

I dont know how many M/D's watch "Tightlines" on a Thursday evening.
And if you do are you Cable Viewers.As I am.
Next weeks programme is on Sky-Sports Extra.(Pay Channel?) With no repeats on 1/2or3,which has been the practice on a few other occasions when transferred to Extra.The repeat is also on Extra.
QUESTION! Could this be their way of running down viewing figures so that the programme can dissapear through lack of viewers.i.e. Not wanted by the public.
How many watch it?????????
By the way I do watch other Programmes!
Ron J

Last edited:

pikeman

ive stopped watching tightlines.
its an embarressment to anyone who goes fishing.
its amateurish,the people who phone up are drongos,cheaply made and no real insight into fishing.
compare it to jack hargreaves out of town which was made donkeys years ago and its not in the same class.
do yourself a favour and dont watch it.

pikeman

jonesr

Pikeman.It may be amaturist,etc.But I am more concerned that it is another programme looking to
lose viewing figures and dissapear.(It is the only one where you can get a "live"contact for a question.
Ron J

scouse

'River Man'
hi jonesr
i have just sent keith arthur
a email about you comments
when he replys i will put it up
ok[:D][:D]

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Keith Arthur aka "walking whiteacresa advert"

I thought last months "Young Angler of the month" was fixed in favour of a 14 year old lad who caught a ghostie from Whiteacres, yet a nine year old girl had a lovely double figure common carp from an unknown water.

Geoff

Clean Banks Campaign member

jonesr

Scouse. I have already received a return E-Mail from Keith Arthur.His comments were that a complaint has already been lodged,along with his own.Because he is a cable user also.

Ron J

Last edited:

Trevski

Hmm, sorry. I've got the full SKY sports package and I won't be
watching it. I've only seen it once and I have to say I agree
with Pikeman on this, It was cringeworthy.

The only fishing programmes I watch are on Discovery.
Although they can leave something to be desired I'd rather
them than be patronised by Bruno bleedin Brookes of all
people. [:D]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
I for one do watch it and enjoy it and the last time I looked I was not a drongo, I will watch anything and everything to do with fishing and feel that if I pick up just one tip from the programs then I have lernt something and if I dont pick up any tips I have still spent my time happily watching a fishing program. I feel that we all have something to learn no matter what branch of the sport we do, and if you feel you have nothing to learn from programs such as this Please dont insult those of us that do

Dai Fish

G

Good for you Dai, keep watching and enjoying mate,

Who saw the carp angler the other week, young kid, forgot his name,
he was on about the big carp, then he said a silly statement,
" to get thrugh the nuisance fish", correct me if i'm wrong but who got the record nuisance bream ????? was it a carp angler [?][?].

This post is not a go at the carp anglers amongst ut, its people who go on TV and come out with statements like the one he made it makes me [:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

catch me if u can
Andy,

Trevski

quote:Originally posted by Dai Fish

I for one do watch it and enjoy it and the last time I looked I was not a drongo, I will watch anything and everything to do with fishing and feel that if I pick up just one tip from the programs then I have lernt something and if I dont pick up any tips I have still spent my time happily watching a fishing program. I feel that we all have something to learn no matter what branch of the sport we do, and if you feel you have nothing to learn from programs such as this Please dont insult those of us that do

Dai Fish

Fair enough mate, each to their own eh?

Still, I don't think pikeman was saying that you're all
drongos for watching it, just that the people that phone
in are. And for the most part he's right, based on what
I've seen.

Then again, I've only watched it once. Maybe I should
tune in again, after all basing my whole opinion on
one show is a little narrow minded. [:D]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
I admit to watching it regularly, But I tape it and then watch it, this way I can fast foreward thru the rubbish bits. Re the phone in have you thought?, they only ring in to get the freebies on offer.

chill out go fishing

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
I watch it NEARLY every week now, last year I didn't miss a single show(only cus the misses worked till 9'o clock)[:)]

I must admit there are good and bad parts in it, last year I e-mailed them with a question which was read out and won me some very nice pole floats,[:D][:D] which I've yet to use.[V][V]

I've since sent e-mails to them I've always had an answer back but never had one read out on air again. If I miss it I'm not that bothered nowadays there are more informative programmes on Discovery Home and Leisure.

One thing I would miss is the Fish-o' Mania rounds but with the popularity of this event I don't think SKY would be daft enough to let Tight Lines go, they might put it on sports extra to try and get more revenue, but even this could be a disaster for them.

I still think it's nice to see some of the more famous anglers on tv and nobody else does aything for angling other than SKY, the BBC especially.

Bluey
Oh and by the way pikeman I remenber Jack Hargreaves as well, real fine prog!!

Born To Fish
Forced To Work

Last edited:

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
Every time I turn on to try and watch fishing all I find is some Australian bearded git kissing a fish, or Mat Hayes fishing in some other country that I can`t afford to go to. What is up with some good British angling. Surely Matt there are fish in some of our rivers and lakes!!!!!..............

...........Is it that British fishing is usually in the rain and these `Celebroties` don`t want to get wet??.....Haydn

Take nothing but memories, leave nothing but footprints.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:bring back JOHN WILSON and his brilliant programmes

Steve
Obviously the name Wilson has got something to do with that. I take it you giggle as well. The man is a p***. The funniest thing I saw was when he dropped a pike and broke one of his rods.

I watch tight lines when the discussion is about general course fishing. Not interested in fluff chicking or sea fishing, and the carp guys bore the a*** off me.

The trouble is when the same question come up time after time.

Paul Young for me, really enjoys his fishing and is like a kid with a new toy with every fish he catches.

Jack Hargreaves was THE master. You young ones wouldn't know about him.

Geoff

MALC

OUT OF TOWN & PASSION FOR ANGLING.

Enough said

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

pikeman

do not be so touchy regarding the fact that you watch tight lines.
it is only my opinion that people who watch and phone tight lines are in the amateur class.
fishing is the number 1 sport/hobby/past-time in this country and i feel that it deserves a whole lot better than this bag of s***e.
look at the way sky tv produce and promote football,cricket and rugby
compared to what it used to be like when you just had one camera angle and edited highlights.
even minority sports like snooker,pool and darts are jazzed up to the eyeballs .
why cant sky tv promote fishing like they do with other sports.pump some money into it ,give it some interest and excitement aswell as an educational aspect.
as for watching it just because its a fishing program thats utter nonsense,i like football but if it was a rubbish match id turn it off.
the same as anything in life ,i like watching comedies like fawlty towers and father ted but if a unfunny comedy came on i too would turn it off.
if you are happy to keep watching tight lines ,a program full of adverts ,drongos phoning up to ask about how to put a maggot on a hook , fifth rate celebrity bruno brookes,keith arthur plugging some product that he is involved in,then good for you.
just compare it to bob and james,a passion for angling,even my wife enjoyed it,a series full of interest,humour,education and some great fishing,can you honestly say that tight lines is worth watching after viewing a passion for angling.
tight lines is just cheap,tacky and nasty.
i feel that as anglers we deserve a whole lot better!

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:Originally posted by pikeman

do not be so touchy regarding the fact that you watch tight lines.
it is only my opinion that people who watch and phone tight lines are in the amateur class.

An amateur supposedly is a person who does something for the pure enjoyment, without recompense. Therefore as I fish for pure enjoyment I am an amateur in that field.

I am known for being mild mannered "even Clark Kentish" in my attitude to other human beings as Norm and Toma will tell you[:D], but even I do not call people who think different to me "drongoes"

I personally find your posts on this thread objectionable, but as I cannot turn YOU off I shall just disregard any posts you make on this forum in future. Much like turning off a TV if something rubbish comes on.

Happy days and tight lines.

Geoff

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
Hi all.

My two lads are into fishing like me and the rest of "US" (MD'ers)and I often ask/tell them about various programmes to watch along with the videos I own only to be told that fishing is a "doing" sport/pastime not a "watching" one and so although dead keen to get out on the bank whenever possible, they are not ones to watch progs on the TV about it.
In fact the only thing that held their interest was "A Passion for Angling" especially Monsters & Myths, and the trip to Redmire when Chris jumped out of the tree (or was it Bob?)I can't remember at the minute. They found that extremely amusing [:D][:D]

So maybe that's the reason why most angling programmes seem so bad??
Just a thought

Bluey

Born To Fish
Forced To Work

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
PIKEMAN
quote:look at the way sky tv produce and promote football,cricket and rugby
compared to what it used to be like when you just had one camera angle and edited highlights.
even minority sports like snooker,pool and darts are jazzed up to the eyeballs .
why cant sky tv promote fishing like they do with other sports.pump some money into it ,give it some interest and excitement aswell as an educational aspect.

Simple answer really.......

Back in 1994 when Hugh Miles produced "A Passion for Angling" the budget was 450,000. How much to do it now? Probably in excess of 1 million.
Now Sky is in business to make money,and if you expect them to pump huge amounts of cash into Angling,they are going to want a return on their investment.
Would you want to spend 7 a month to watch a Fishing Channel???????
Some always will,but not enough to make it worth Sky's while.

Ron.
quote:Next weeks programme is on Sky-Sports Extra.(Pay Channel?) With no repeats on 1/2or3,which has been the practice on a few other occasions when transferred to Extra.The repeat is also on Extra.
QUESTION! Could this be their way of running down viewing figures so that the programme can dissapear through lack of viewers.i.e. Not wanted by the public.
How many watch it?????????

The joys of cable i'm afraid,if you get Sky direct (through a dish)Sky Sports Extra is a bonus channel you get for subscribing to Sky Sports1,2 & 3.Nothing too sinister there [:)]

ALSO
quote:It is the only one where you can get a "live"contact for a question.

Tune into Talk Sport 1089/1053 MW on Saturday & Sunday from 6am-8am,
And Keith Arthur has his own show which you can phone into with your question,or even E-Mail him [:D]

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

Status
Not open for further replies.