Sycamore Lakes Park, Skegness

All-The-Gear-No-Idea

Site Supporter
Hi Guys

I’m up at Sycamore Lakes Park in Burgh-Le-Marsh just outside Skegness from next Tues (23rd) for a week.

Fished it last year as my second ever time fishing. Excited to be heading back knowing what I do now, and with some nice kit to put through it’s paces.

Curious if any of our members fish there or have fished there recently and if you have any tips or pointers on baits and tactics.

I’m hoping to have a crack at all the lakes but my initial priorities are probably Island Lake, Roadside, and Woodlands in that order, with the Specimen lake saved for a day on the Leger.

I had a cracking Tench out of Island last year, but can only put it down to luck rather than any skill. Hoping to achieve similar this time around, but on purpose!

Many thanks in advance.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Hi Guys

I’m up at Sycamore Lakes Park in Burgh-Le-Marsh just outside Skegness from next Tues (23rd) for a week.

Fished it last year as my second ever time fishing. Excited to be heading back knowing what I do now, and with some nice kit to put through it’s paces.

Curious if any of our members fish there or have fished there recently and if you have any tips or pointers on baits and tactics.

I’m hoping to have a crack at all the lakes but my initial priorities are probably Island Lake, Roadside, and Woodlands in that order, with the Specimen lake saved for a day on the Leger.

I had a cracking Tench out of Island last year, but can only put it down to luck rather than any skill. Hoping to achieve similar this time around, but on purpose!

Many thanks in advance.
My dad has a caravan there. He fishes it but, in all honesty prefers a place called ' water colours ' He says its a lot more peaceful. When he does fish their lakes he fishes chop and caster with a dendra tail on the hook. He says this catches everything whereas meat, corn and pellet simply targets the carp. He prefers a mixed net does my dad. Good luck pal. ?

All-The-Gear-No-Idea

Site Supporter
Thanks Mick.

Shall look up water colours, sounds interesting.

I did find that certain swims can feel a bit claustrophobic there. I do like a good mixed net. I tend to spend a bit of time on a few different tactics throughout the day whenever I’m fishing, so shall certainly be grabbing some worms and casters from the tackle shop.

Looking forward to the trip.

All-The-Gear-No-Idea

Site Supporter
Thanks Zero

Never fished paste but built a few paste rigs last night as planning on having a crack with it next week funnily enough.

Got a few tins of hemp on their way to me also now per your advice.

Cheers!

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Will try and send a PM I have sent others on the venue. Rule number one there is extremes in terms of fish following wind and sheltering from it simultaneously. South Westerly is pointing across the roadside lake at 45 degrees towards the double platform in the corner. In terms of extremes, ignore open water when there is any form of breeze up and fish with breeze coming to you or have it off your back and avoiding fishing long either way. Rule number two, is that in summer, shallow tactics if venturing out from beyond the shelves, gets the carp, with slapping just about out fishing the pellet waggler still. Fishing on the bottom is best 6am to 8am, then 6pm to dark.

Great silvers sport to be had with a couple of pints of maggots with 30-50lb achievable in half a day.