Swivel adaptor needed!

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
I am looking for a means of attaching a rod rest to my fishing chair.
The chair is a Korum, with 20mm square section legs.
The rod rest is my own cane concoction, with a male 3/8 BSF thread in the end.

I would ideally like something like the attachment in this photo, but without the black arm piece, and with a 3/8 BSF female thread in the end - shown in green.

There are dozens of simple keepnet attachments around which would do, but they don't have the added up / down swivel facility.

Help?

Adaptor.jpg

Godber

Fruity Susan, Nobice and Inventor of W@nkles.
Site Supporter
Hi Dave, is the round black bar held in with rivets? If so couldn't you drill them out and pull the bar out, cut the threaded end of the bar down to size and fit it back into the hole, drill holes and re-rivet.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Thanks for the idea Mick, and yes, that would work perfectly.
It’s just that the black bar belongs to my feeder rod rest, which I use for all my matches , and whenever I’m using modern gear. I just fancy an adjustable cane rod rest for when I’m in a vintage mood.
Blame β€˜Arry!

qtaran111

Site Supporter
lol not sure they do them in Bakelite, but can vouch for them, I bought one from MDI Match on eBay and it’s good quality I’ve got it attached to the end of a horizontal bank stick that fits to my chair.

Maybe one of these with the above plus cane?

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Thanks for the ideas, folks. Looks like it’s possible, just a bit more cumbersome than I’d hoped for. πŸ‘

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Follow-up on this post - I bought the MDI Match 9 Position Angle Lock, but the lock is not strong enough to hold a rod rest in position, even without a rod on it. It is set by pushing in a button on the side, but the rod rest just flops down, clicking out of the preset position.
In fact I bought two, so I tried both, to make sure the first was not just a dud.
I'm sure it would be strong enough to hold a keepnet in position, but it doesn't do the job for a rod rest arm.

Had to go to York today, so popped into York Tackle and came out with this PI connector which is tightened by turning the screw knob on the side.
It does the job, and is still very neat.

In the photo, the MDI connector is at the bottom, the PI connector is fitted to the rest, connected to an old seatbox leg fitting.

angle Lock.jpg

tunna