Swing tip

sapperrich

Hi all, when I was a kid I remember ledgering with a swing tip rod. Does anyone know a company that still produce a reasonably priced rod that has threaded tip to take a swing tip? Doubt I'd use it regularly, just a bit of fun going down memory lane. Cheers Guy's.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Oakwood make one..a sort of multi-rod with a top eye ready for screw-in swingtips. Buy it now price £20.85 with free delivery.

They also do a 12' version.

sapperrich

Oakwood make one..a sort of multi-rod with a top eye ready for screw-in swingtips. Buy it now price £20.85 with free delivery.

They also do a 12' version.
Perfect, cheers mate.

KevinT

Hi

Shakespeare Omni Ledger Rod

I bought one of these a while back as I wanted a rod that I could use to fish small spinners on the local river and then screw in quiver tips to fish link ledger with worm or bread flake for the chub.

KevT

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
There is a company called Hopkins and Holloway that sell rod building materials... they will probably sell the threaded tip rings you need... just heat up the old tip pull it off and glue/whip a new eye on... you'll find that Angling Direct sell screw in swing and quiver tips too

fredradac

Site Supporter
Keep meaning to cobble together a swing tip set up for old time's sake . Yes they can be a b*gger to cast with compared to a quiver tip but I always found it easy to decide when to strike with a swing tip.