swim stim

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildy

I used to use swim stim product in all of my feeder fishing and on method but most places i fish hasbanned swim stim products they say it has the same oil in there products has in trout pellet.Bradshaws in bolton and greenhalgh lodge fisheries nr preston has banned it i asked them why they said they asked the makers the oil content in there products and they refused to tell them .They had some one in to inspect the fish and they said that it was swim stim products which is high in oil content wich is damaging to fish

The Big Dipper

aka Wigan Angler
I heard the reason it was banned in Bradshaw was because they tried to do a deal with the company and they didn't want it so they banned the product. Bradshaws isn't the nicest of places to fish anyway mate so its not a big loss lol.....cannot comment on greenhalgh's

groundhog

Life Survivor
[:)] The high oil content is more likely to create water quality problems for the fishery than anything else, one fishery that I use suffers badley towards the end of autumn,with a thick green scum floating on the surface, which after talking with the owner is apparently caused by the oil content of pellets, funny thing though is it only occurs on the one pool and none of the other pools are affected.
At the end of the day can you blame them for trying to protect their property and investment? especially if the cause has been investigated and found.

wildy

it would be intresting if anybody from dynamite baits would answer the question about the so called high oil content in there products

wildy

like isaid before when i asked the bailif at greenhalgh fisheries why they banned swim stim proucts he said they had someone out to look at fish what what was in distress it was in there stock pond werer they rear there fish they used to feed swim stim pellets and they got told to stop useing smim stim products because of high oil in there product that was last year when they banned swim stim

pole addict

At Makins you can only use green swim stim pellets.

It's one of the finest fisheries in the country and the fish are as healthy as any other i've seen.

It would be interesting to see some evidence to back up this claim, rather than just hearsay.

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Only reason Ive stopped using swim stim groundbait (cos I used it for paste) was cos it went from being a great product to a s**t one over night!!

I have heard of some places stopping you from using the stuff (green mostly) before, but their supposed reason was down to the colour apparently leaving a slick on the water, and they instantly thought all the fish were going to die!!!

As Poleaddict says, Makins only allows green swim stim pellet. I suspect its more for reasons of extra income, than anything to do with the fishes health (although they let you use any hooker pellet other than Halibut), but if it was that bad for the fish, then the place would have been laid barren about 10 years ago!!

wildy

that is what i would like to know it was the bailif who said they had someone out to look at there fish so they had professional advise from someone

wildy

the reason i started was iused to use swim stim ground bait and pellets alot and i don't want to use it if it is harmful to fish just a conscious i guess

carpmagic

Site Supporter
Wildy, i think you will find there are other reasons why the fishery dont allow swim stim products and they have nothing to do with fish welfare. Swim stim groundbaits and pellets are actually relatively low in oil so that idea is a non starter as in they are high oil and bad for the fish.

wildy

steve are you affiliated to dynamite baits if so then your word is fine by me cause i like to fish swim stim has paste and not used it for a while

cyril

El blanko
Originally posted by carpmagic

Wildy, i think you will find there are other reasons why the fishery dont allow swim stim products and they have nothing to do with fish welfare. Swim stim groundbaits and pellets are actually relatively low in oil so that idea is a non starter as in they are high oil and bad for the fish.

thought it was low oil, i use it all the time an have never seen any oil come off it

BarryC

I suspect the reason many seemingly harmless baits are banned is that many anglers that find it works overdo it and put tons of the stuff in.
Multiply this by 20 or 30 anglers piling it in to the exclusion of all else can not be healthy for the fish.

wildy

not at that greenhalgh fisheries you could only use swim stim has a paste so not much paste went in and you had to use fisheries only pellets because you cant use groundbait has well

carpmagic

Site Supporter
Wildy, yes i am and i know a bit about what happened in the case you mention but i'm not going to bring it up on here. Swim stim pellets and groundbait are low in oil, even more so when compared to other groundbaits and pellets on the market.

cyril

El blanko
IMO fisherys ban some baits because you will always get someone that takes the p!ss with it an try and push the rules as far as they can go .......seen it done myself in a local tuesday nite matches.... stopped fishin them

Status
Not open for further replies.