Sweetcorn

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpbob3

Can sweetcorn be coloured with food colourings ? i know you can buy Red corn from angling shops i want to know if it can be done at home.

if your not fishing your not living

TINY

Tiny
You can colour corn at home very easily with a multitude of food dyes[:D]
I`ve done them in Green,Red,Blue,Orange and a shed load of other colours.[;)]
Try dying some Red and then flavouring it with Pineapple.You`d think with it being Red that it would be Strawberry.[:D]I dont think a fish would know what a strawberry was so it doesn`t reall matter what you do[:p]

Andy.

carpbob3

Do you soak it in the food colouring ? What is the best way to colour it ?

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
I use frozen corn. Mix some food colouring with enough water to cover the corn add the corn and place in the fridge over night to thaw. Drain and use. You might have to experiment with the amount of food colouring to get the right shade. Any flavours can be added to the water to.

chill out go fishing

joe1987

'Darwener'
Yeah ive been doing it a lot lately. I've used vanilla flavouring too. I use a little sealed tub with about 3 teaspoonfuls of flavour/colour and a little bit of water. Leave in the fridge overnight and it's done.

Get them rods bent, get them reels screamin', get fishin!
Toodlepip **Joe-boy**

brady

the best way i have found is to put a tin of corn in a plastic food bag ang pour in a bit of food colouring shake the bag then leave it over night so it has a chance to take on the colour then simply rinse it off (nothing worse than red fingers for a week) and add any flavours you require .
really does give good results
p.s i find fishing coloured and flavoured corn on the hook over plain corn to be pretty devastating

carpbob3

cheers lads will give it a go over the weekend

TINY

Tiny
If you use the likes of Paprika you can flavour and colour at the same time[;)]

Andy.

DDM

Danny
Just buy some fake coloured sweetcorn easy as pie no food dye no mess jobs a gudun as andy says![:D]LOL

DDM

B1G_D

[8D]yeah the rubber ones would be good but can you flavour them or will they not hold the flavour coz if the fish can't smell it i don't think it would be that good because plain corn has some odur to it??[:)]

B1G_D

brady

i belive real bait will always out score fake baits but that is just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.