sweaty maggots

lea77

if you have limited storage space ie only a bait box add what medium you have available/want to use. obtain a pair of tights.knot the legs just below the gusset cut off the legs and use the gusset part as a cover store on the floor in coolest part you can
ill leave all the remarks and look forward to reading them

grannyspodder

thats a good use for the gusset part Andy. I use the leg parts to store session sized amounts of boilies in, i tie two knots between each amount and then simply cut one "session pack" as and when I need them. Always ended up throwing the gusset part away.

nrayner

I've had maggots in my bait fridge in the garage for 3 weeks now and they are still fine. I expect them to be still fine when I return from holiday in another two weeks time

groundhog

Life Survivor
Originally posted by fosters

hi lads fridge a no go no shed or garage what the best way to keep ur maggots many thanks
[:)] Keep them in a large open container,in a cool/cold dark place and add either coarse maize or sawdust in which they will scour themselves clean, just before use,riddle the maize/sawdust off and just add the required amount of maize flour to them to stop them from sweating.
DO NOT USE Ordinary plain or self raising flour.maize flour ONLY
Otherwise if they start to sweat they will end up in a clogged up mess.

float-dipper

I shove porridge oats into a blender to make the stuff better for putting in ground bait.
The blended oats are also used for my maggots as I can't be bothered chasing around to find maize flour.

Seems to work a treat as the maggots don't sweat and are lightly covered in a white coating.
The fish have shown a liking for them so no problems there then !