Supporting Maggotdrowning.com

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Several times I've been asked by members "I don't like using Paypal so are there any other options available?"

The answer to that question now is 'Yes' :)

We have partnered with what is one of the World's largest payment providers, Stripe, and can now offer a choice between Paypal and Stripe to make payment with.

Stripe supports 'Apple Pay' as well as just about every Credit and Debit Card available and powers companies such as:

and now Maggotdrowning.com ;)

So, no excuses now :) To become a Site Supporter simply select 'Account Upgrades' within your profile, or click the following link: https://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/account/upgrades

Within there you will see the following, simply select your option, and choose a payment method, then click 'Purchase'

Your support is invaluable to us to help towards our running costs and maintain your daily fix of Maggotdrowning.com :upthumb:

Many thanks,

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
A new addition for Site Supporters is the 'Personal Notepad'

Click your profile, top-right and in the menu you will see a link to Personal Notepad...

1566825442055.png

In here you can make as many notes as you wish whether it be shopping lists 'to get', reminders to do something, or anything else. And it's personal and private to you.

OxfordNick

Hi, I joined the forum yesterday (after much lurking) and paid my tenner to support the site. I’m still seeing the ads etc. Is there something else I need to do?

Cheers
Nick

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi, I joined the forum yesterday (after much lurking) and paid my tenner to support the site. I’m still seeing the ads etc. Is there something else I need to do?

Cheers
Nick

Log out and then log back in again mate....sometimes you need to clear the cookies for it to show your new status :)

cockneybob

CockneyBob
Site Supporter
Well worth the £10 with all the help and advice that I have had since becoming a member plus you can save the information to go back over it at a later date
Be lost without it

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Well worth the £10 with all the help and advice that I have had since becoming a member plus you can save the information to go back over it at a later date
Be lost without it

It's not just all the help and advice though. It's the camaraderie, the chance to meet fellow MD'ers on the bank at fish-ins, the banter (and the pee taking) etc. That's worth a tenner on it's own. :D

Last edited:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter

Cheers
Nick

All sorted now Nick.

A new level of payment authorisation has been introduced across all payment providers and for some reason the Stripe Api failed to communicate with the forum software. I'll look into it so it doesn't happen again

Regards,

Rigmann

Site Supporter
It is now possible to extend a current Site Support account upgrade....

Simply click your username top-right of the forum and select 'Account upgrades'...

View attachment 2620

Then click the 'Extend' button alongside your existing Site Support upgrade...

View attachment 2619

That's all there is to it, and there is no limit to the number of times you can do so :)

Any problems let me know
I can’t find the extend button 😲

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ive just looked and its vanished :eek:

Leave it with me and i'll look into it this evening

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
@Rigmann

The missing 'Extend' button has now been found :)
It went awol during a recent update to the forum software and the code has now been updated to reinstate it

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've been asked several times by members if they can just donate towards Maggotdrowning's running cost.

This option has always been available but buried deep within the website pages; not any more :D

If anybody wishes to make a donation at any time you can now find a link to do so in the 'More...' tab above

1591131470217.png

Or you can go directly to the page using the link below:

Thanks,