Sunshine and roach

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
With the return of the sun this weekend I got out for my first session in a couple weeks today. Having exclusively fished rivers since the start of the season I thought I’d mix it up and have a go for the roach at my local fishery Pimlico Farm for the first time since May. Had my first cast a little before 9 and last a little after 3 and in that time I had about 70 roach for I’d guess about 17lb plus enough small perch to probably push me up to 20lb overall all so it was a good day indeed. About 90% were caught on single red maggot with the rest on hemp. Wasted a bit time trying to get a carp off the top but interestingly didn’t see a single carp caught on the lake all day. Tackle was a 13ft drennan acolyte ultra float rod, drennan 7 series float reel with 4lb maxima, a 2bb drennan Crystal loaded insert waggler and a drennan size 18 to 2.5lb hook to nylon. All in all another good day on what is a very consistent fishery. I’ll probably be back on the Thames on Monday so with England playing brilliantly in the rugby as well and a pub garden session this evening it could turn out to be a very good bank holiday weekend indeed!

Attachments

• 41B16F40-2903-4D4F-9394-DF9D2EB67133.jpeg
    41B16F40-2903-4D4F-9394-DF9D2EB67133.jpeg
    254.3 KB · Views: 6

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Sounds like a decent bag of roach. Can be more fun than 100lb of carp.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Indeed I just like the rhythm you can get into when you get roach feeding properly. Only slight disappointment today was the lack of proper perch as I usually get handful between a pound or two there but maybe was too hot for them today. I’ll take getting a bag like I had though given it was 29 degrees!