Sundridge Dippa Range

rudd

Site Supporter
After posting on the Things you dont see thread and mentioning Sundrige Dippa - my first set of kit at 9 years old:
Sundridge Scorpio rod, Ryobi LX07, cantilever box, bait box, metal disgorger, tub of mixed shot, plummet, catapult, mixture of Sundridge Dippa hooks and a Sundridge Dippa float set.
For many years after I could only afford The Dippa range until I earnt more pocket money.

Yesterday on patrol one of my neighbours just back into fishing was using this!!!!

IMG-1758.JPG

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Never saw much Sundridge gear in the tackle shops around me rudd. Are they still trading ? Ive not heard the name Sundridge for a few years. Was the tackle good ?

Nicky Dodds

Never saw much Sundridge gear in the tackle shops around me rudd. Are they still trading ? Ive not heard the name Sundridge for a few years. Was the tackle good ?
I have a 12ft sundridge barbel rod mick but it only gets used as a feeding rod these days. It was marketed under the Martin hooper range. Not a bad rod to be fair.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I have a 12ft sundridge barbel rod mick but it only gets used as a feeding rod these days. It was marketed under the Martin hooper range. Not a bad rod to be fair.
Martin Hooper .... Now why should that name ring a bell ? Where have I come across that ? Oh I wish the old grey matter worked like it used to. Cheers Nicky. ?

D

Deleted member 21081

Sundridge still making waterproofs but under the Daiwa label.

JR Hartley

Sadly Sundridge are no longer doing fishing tackle but maybe still golf equipment or a no longer trading ?? If I remember they were based near Hoo near Rochester My parents owned a tackle shop and when you went to a Sundridge trade show they really looked after you, especially me as a young dead keen angler ! Had loads of there stuff we used to go the last day of the trade show and as they didn’t want to take it all back some come my way !

rudd

Site Supporter
At time it was below entry level but very affordable.
Worked for us village lads catching Rudd and Roach.
When we got older we discovered Ashima hooks to nylon and a whole host of other brands.
My second rod was a carbon Sundridge offering and both were used for years - eventually switched to Shimano twin power and super aero rods with shimano reels.
Sundridge clothing was good in later years - I have several sets of bib/brace and jacket including a beach SAS suit.
Think Daiwa own the brand now?
Oddly I have owned the same Sundridge Scorpio rod twice!